Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I thought there was a reaction from the players. More effort. Problem is its still the same players that couldn't score a goal under Lambert so why should we expect a new manager will suddenly turn them good. It may take longer than expected. We may have to take one step back and let Sherwood develop the side in the championship. Half of these players aren't good enough. 

I thought there was a reaction from the players. More effort. Problem is its still the same players that couldn't score a goal under Lambert so why should we expect a new manager will suddenly turn them good. It may take longer than expected. We may have to take one step back and let Sherwood develop the side in the championship. Half of these players aren't good enough. 

No way should we even consider relegation in the hope we develop into a better club - IMO we would be lost in the lower leagues for years to come if we go down.

We have to fight to stay in the Premier League and let Sherwood choose who to replace in the squad.

• Like 2

What we saw yesterday was a team trying to adopt a new more progressive style but simply being not good enough to pull it off.

The Lambert style was dull but was relatively simple for players as they never passed the ball more than ten yards, they rarely had to move their legs and they always had the cop-out option of passing back if under any pressure.

Now they are trying to move the ball forward but the passing lacks both accuracy and vision and the receiving forwards are so not used to it that they fail to make the right runs at the right time and when they do get the pass, they are not sure what to do with it !!!

We need simple solutions for fast results and #1 on my list is to tell Sinclair to stay within ten yards of the touch line at all times to provide us with a simple out-pass and also to supply crosses for Benteke. Unlike some, I don't rate Sinclair at the moment because he is obsessed with driving inside for the shot ..... he thinks he's a #9 but his real value-add is as a #11.

We need wide options and we need to get rid of the Lambert obsession with only playing down the central strip of the pitch because we aren't good enough to do that ..... get back to basics ! 

We have some winnable games, problem is I just don't see us winning them. We have not won since the start of December and have had a run of games where we should be picking up points and we haven't.

Previous seasons we've had the points on the board by April mostly. Looking at our run in then I just can't see us pulling out of this complete nose dive judging by our performance yesterday.

• Like 1

Obviously not going to happen, but I know who I think would be the best man to bring us back

Graham_Taylor-1-200-200-100-crop.jpg

I politely say that you may just be living in the past there. He's 70 now. 

It was in reply to useless who I believe was referring to Lambert.

I'm rather have Taylor back then Lambert! 

• Like 1

Since beating Leicester on December 7th we've played WBA, Swansea, Palace, Sunderland, Leicester, Hull and Stoke.

We've collected 3 points. Three. That is staggeringly inept and why I don't have much hope for these must win games.

We've scored ONE goal in those games as well. ONE! 

We are dismal. 

Think we are done for.

That takeover has just got to happen in the summer...the current set up is run by 2nd raters top to bottom.

If we go down then we will be stuck with lerner for a long time coming!

Just how, how, are we headlong into yet another relegation dogfight for the FOURTH season in a row?

A total shambles and I just fear the boggies will do the double on us in a couple of weeks to pile more misery on us.

quite a lot of the same players are still here. I dont get why some people think we have the players to be comfortably mid table.

Think we are done for.That takeover has just got to happen in the summer...the current set up is run by 2nd raters top to bottom.

Think we are done for.That takeover has just got to happen in the summer...the current set up is run by 2nd raters top to bottom.

Agreed - but until he goes and takes his half wits with him, I don't see any way forward

Obviously not going to happen, but I know who I think would be the best man to bring us back

Are you into BDSM? Because you seem to be a glutton for punishment. 

In my opinion he'd be the best person to bring us straight back up, he knows our players, knows that division as he's been there and done it with Norwich. But obviously I know it's not going to happen. I've said already if we go down and Sherwood leaves then I think we'll give Macdonald a chance, wouldn't be surprised if that half of the reason he's been brought back.

Since beating Leicester on December 7th we've played WBA, Swansea, Palace, Sunderland, Leicester, Hull and Stoke.

We've collected 3 points. Three. That is staggeringly inept and why I don't have much hope for these must win games.

As much as I had a little bit of goodwill left for Lambert, he should have definitely gone after Leicester away. Sherwood doesn't have much time to turn this around, and week 1 has not gone off to a good start.

Why would Sherwood leave if we go down?

Would have known full well going down was a distinct possibility when he took over, as would those who appointed him.

I don't think he thought it could happen.

Still might not.