Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We are the worst team in the league and as such deserve to go down, if sherwood saves us then he deserves massive credit. Can't see it happening tho and the only positive to going down is that it might force Lerner to lower his price which will hopefully see us rid of him.

Coin flick for me.

Seems almost written in the stars that the final game against Burnley will be a relegation crunch match.

Burnley have more fight in them than us (at the moment). I wouldn't fancy our chances in a do-or-die battle with them

• Like 1

so much positivity coming into today, only to be sucker punched in the gut. 

really disappointed at the overall team effort, and the manager's timidity

if he's going to be conservative now, what was the point of hiring him

so pathetic, so embarrassing

sick of it

I didn't see anything today to make me think we could beat any other team in this division, home or away, so:

1. We will be relegated, but...

2. ...it's not Sherwood's fault. Lambert should have been sacked 2 months ago to give Sherwood a chance in the transfer window, and..

3. ... we could come back stronger. Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham and others have all done so recently.

Coin flick for me.

Seems almost written in the stars that the final game against Burnley will be a relegation crunch match.

Burnley have more fight in them than us (at the moment). I wouldn't fancy our chances in a do-or-die battle with them

At the moment I'd back us to be gone long before that game.

I'm fairly content with going down. The last four years have been that dire that the whole enjoyment has been zapped from me.

I'm still to form an opinion on the Tim Sherwood appointment, I am that disinterested in the whole situation and our pathetic chance of appointing anyone decent.

I'm interested in the cup. More than ever. And I would defo take a day out at wembley over survival and having to endure another season of this bullshit in this league.

• Like 2

i personally think that 35 points will be more than enough to keep the bottom teams out of the relegation zone this season

35 might be enough, I cant see Leicester or Burnley getting to 35, QPR probably will, we need 4 wins and a draw to get to thatt

Cant see where those 4 wins will come from, let alone the draw

Personally the last 2 months or so the R word has gone from the unthinkable to the probable.

And quite frankly it is no less than what the owner and management deserve in the past five years.

I just hope my glass half empty feeling is wrong and Sherwood can somehow find enough points for this great and venerable club to stay up.

Villa outside the top division is not acceptable and Lerner will be severely criticized if this occurs after all that proud history bright future guff some of us actually bought into.

Edited by The Fun Factory

i personally think that 35 points will be more than enough to keep the bottom teams out of the relegation zone this season

35 might be enough, I cant see Leicester or Burnley getting to 35, QPR probably will, we need 4 wins and a draw to get to thatt

Cant see where those 4 wins will come from, let alone the draw

No chance. 37/38 points will be enough- but more like 38/39 for us due to our terrible goal difference.

So everyone thinks those above us from Burnely to Palace will win 3-4 games along with a draw or 2 and lose the other half whilst we pick up no points?

Once we get that first win under Tim I think we will go on a run, maybe not win them all, but pick up some points. He's been at the club for a week. Give him time. He can't change everything over night! Vlaar's error cost us today, it had draw written all over it.

Stokes done now. Let's move on. focus on Newcastle. Get the points we need and move forward from there. This is not over yet. Not way. 36 points to play for still. There's a lot of football to be played. Anything can happen!

KTF

UTV

Edited by deeps

Coin flick for me.

To be safe now we need to be 4 points clear of Burnley going into the final day, I think even the most optimistic fan on here would struggle to come up with a formula of results that has that.

Results like today indicate to me our time is up this year....new manager effect, Stoke missing near enough half a team, we take the lead.....and still we lose the game.

Our only hope is it's a really low points tally to stay up this year, if we need 37-38 points we have no chance of getting that with the games left imo.

Relegation would set us back so much, even if we come straight back up. Because of the rebuilding we'd have to do and the little money we'd have to do it with. We'd be in danger of becoming a 'yo-yo team' and that's if we're lucky.

Edited by useless

Aye no fun in relegation. Just ask Forest and Leeds fans. Bad season to go down as well with the new TV money. We're still odds against so I would suggest again putting cash on it to ease the pain.

TV money comes in from 2016 dosen't it so if we came straight back up we'd still get it.

IF.