Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

What's happening to us is exactly what we've seen happen to lots of other sides that have been relegated. The players seem to be too good for the club to go down, but we just can't get a result. We can't pick up any lucky points. Even when we're playing reasonably well, the results just aren't coming and we're rapidly running out of games to pick up the points we need.

I still don't think we'll be relegated but I was wary of people getting a bit overconfident with the new manager. It's still the same players and we'll finish roughly in the same place we would have with the old manager, if we would've had the same positivity. 

• Like 1

It has taken me a while to accept our fate, but after watching this match, I now have woken up and smelt the coffee, unless QPR, Burnley and Leicester have worse results than us for the rest of the season, we are going down.

Hard to see where we will get ANY more points this season..

Burnley on the last day of the season is going to be agonising..

• Like 1

It's looking like a four horse race now, I guess Hull or Sunderland could get pulled back into it but it's not too likely. Leicester are in the worst position for sure but I'm not sure we have anything on QPR and Burnley. QPR have the players to pull something off you feel, Burnley have the mad fighting spirit that earned them a point today (along with some luck), what do we have?

We still have a fair few winnable games and the standard at the bottom is such that it will take a modest total to survive. The main positive is that this has happened in Sherwood's first game, hopefully he will have learnt a lot and we won't see a repeat. 

If it is our time to drop though then I can't think of a club that has deserved it more.

Edited by Isa

First game back for me for a while. Probably be my last.

We must be the only team ever not to get some kind of new manager boost. But oh np not villa.

And a 93rd minute penalty just.makes you think we are **** .

When's the last time we actually saved a spot kick?

Relegation looking odds on.