Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Still think we'll stay up. When we do though, Lerner has to decide what he wants for the club. His 'young and hungry' experiment (and every other cheapo experiment he's tried) has failed miserably. You have to invest in the Premier League just to stand still, and any other cheap signings on £10k per week and we're finished.

Give us a squad worthy of the Premier League or we're done for sooner or later.

• Like 1

One of us, qpr and burnley will survive. Leicester are doomed. Looking at the fixtures we have the most favourable set especially still having to play both at home. I'm hanging on to every hope possible here

We get a parachute payment of £16 million over the first season our wage bill is what? £50 million. Unless Randy wants another heavy financial loss we'll need to sell our top 4 players at least. Probably best way to get back up given they are shyte anyway. Sell them onto to some mug team and get some experienced journey men in. I'd also hope/expect Tim to be relieved of his duties and we get a proper manager in to get us back for the 2016-2017 season when the new TV money comes in.

Edited by supernova26

It's impossible to predict what we'd be like next season in the Championship as there are so few precedents for a club of our size going down. I certainly have no idea what will happen - people point to examples like Leeds and Forest (the former isn't really a good comparison) but then you also have the example of Newcastle. We could do really well and in turn come back stronger but we could just easily end up like Boro.

I'm actually not as fussed about the impending relegation anywhere near as much as I used to be. I still want us to stay up obviously, but we've spent so long circling the drain that the constant relegation battles are just getting incredibly boring and tedious.

I had today down as one of the 5-6 must win games for survival,and I can't see where they'll come from now. I won't lose hope though until we inevitably throw in the towel against Burnley.

For me, I'd rather stay in the prem than win the fa cup, as bad as that may sound. I'd prefer last week's win to have come today instead. As exciting as it is to think we might have a chance of some silverware, there's 7 better teams than us still in it too. Anyway, I don't want us to become another Birmingham, Wigan or Portsmouth.

We now have a mini league of 4 teams to come top of. That is the sum total of Tim's job, and what he will be judged on come the end.

I had today down as one of the 5-6 must win games for survival,and I can't see where they'll come from now. I won't lose hope though until we inevitably throw in the towel against Burnley.

For me, I'd rather stay in the prem than win the fa cup, as bad as that may sound. I'd prefer last week's win to have come today instead. As exciting as it is to think we might have a chance of some silverware, there's 7 better teams than us still in it too. Anyway, I don't want us to become another Birmingham, Wigan or Portsmouth.

We now have a mini league of 4 teams to come top of. That is the sum total of Tim's job, and what he will be judged on come the end.

I'm not saying we'll come straight back up (because there's a considerably chance that we'll be stuck down there for a long time) but that's highly unlikely.

EDIT: I get it, you mean you don't want to see us win a cup but go down?

Still, I think we'll have a better chance of coming back up than all of them.

Edited by Mantis