Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I don't get people drinking at home on their own. Drinking for me is social, otherwise i'd rather have a cup of tea or a juice! 

Same.

I got bought numerous bottles of "nice" beers for christmas. 12 in total.

8 of them are still in the fridge. They're really nice, I just don't drink when I'm at home. 

Just now, troon_villan said:

Occasionally I have a few bottles of lager at the weekend even if I'm not heading out. I am Scottish though.

Bucky for breakfast too, no doubt. 

It's nice to have a drink on your own if you've had a shit day, or a good one for that matter.  I don't really like getting drunk even on a night out, just tipsy enough to have a good time without making an idiot of myself or feeling too shit the next day.  I can't do that any more.

McDonald's serves a purpose, same with all fast food, I perfectly understand it and don't have a problem with it

Think the only thing I've had from there this year though is 2 cheeseburgers, I don't care about health and that bullshit I just got bored of the place, it's bacon cheeseburger combo no 217 with a great marketing department trying to tell you it's something different

I'll go to the chippy instead, once a week pretty much without fail, there's just something about chicken kebab meat I can't shake

Same here, one takeaway a week. Ended up being Mcdonalds so the nipper could have a happy meal(and steal half my nuggets, little swine). We've changed to the chippy now so she can steal the wife's fish instead of mine.

Drinking at home? With food, yes. No point in a steak without a glass of red wine. And a late night Scotch or brandy with a bit of jazz or classical music before bed. 

And no, I don't have a smoking jacket. 

• Like 1

Â