Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

So tonight I'd just finished watching the last part of the Napolean documentary i'd recorded and as I switched it off the TV carried on where it had been earlier complete with subtitles

The " rapper " currently on stage was clearer rapping the N word ... BBC subtitles decided to use the word Ligger :)

And whoever he is he is a grabage ..: but then I've never really been a fan of rap , apart from Wham Rap and Rat Rapping in my early teens :)

Edited by tonyh29

Just got gogglebox on, I've never watched it before but it is utterly pointless, I can't believe people would actually watch it.

I'm watching someone watching telly, it's blatant that it's all half scripted as well by the looks of it

• Like 3

the only energy drink i like if you can count it as one is orange lucozade, i bloody love it.

I found myself drinking at least a bottle a day a while back. It's like crack.

Someone on here kindly pointed out the enormous amount of sugar in it though and I've avoided it since. Like most things, it's fine in moderation.

That was me i think! [emoji4]
  • Like 1

And going back to all that coffee talk and whatnot, I've never understood all the different hot drinks whenever I go to a Costa Coffee. Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha-Latte, Espresso etc. Don't know anything about em, I just think coffee to all of them. Then I get confused and order a hot chocolate. That beats coffee any day, especially with the chocolate powder on top.

Just got gogglebox on, I've never watched it before but it is utterly pointless, I can't believe people would actually watch it.

I'm watching someone watching telly, it's blatant that it's all half scripted as well by the looks of it

People are retarded. Now you get to watch them be retarded.

• Like 1

Rap music live.

I'm not the biggest fan of rap music on CDs, I like the odd album here and there. But listening to it live is **** awful.  I've never seen a decent live rap performance, I don't think it's possible. It just sounds like music which isn't designed for performing live.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

somewhere out there, there must be a programme, giving people's reactions TO people giving their reactions on gogglebox

I'd be confident that exists

This was my opinion until I actually watched a couple of episodes.

It's actually pretty funny. I like it now.

I don't understand why people would vacation in Tunisia, a country that is barely functioning and is a vacuum for terrorists.

Because its cheap and you get guaranteed sunshine.

Oh, something I don't get

Camping, actually paying to shit in a bucket and sleep under a tarpaulin like the victim of a natural disaster, why?

Edited by Jimzk5

Rap music live.

I'm not the biggest fan of rap music on CDs, I like the odd album here and there. But listening to it live is **** awful.  I've never seen a decent live rap performance, I don't think it's possible. It just sounds like music which isn't designed for performing live.

Very 90s, but you get the idea!

• Like 1

somewhere out there, there must be a programme, giving people's reactions TO people giving their reactions on gogglebox

I'd be confident that exists

I'll tell you where your comment also exists, and that's about 6 times in the TV Show thread... Almost every time anyone mentions Gogglebox (which, by the way, is actually pretty funny if you watch a few episodes and get to know the different families).

Stone Island

A couple of the 'trendy' (or so they think) guys at my work occasionally talk brands, and this one popped up (which I'd never heard of, and have still never seen an item of). I let them know of a similar brand they might like, called Pen Island. I insisted they had a search for 'Pen Island.com' on the work PC too.

• Like 2

Â