Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Carling /fosters/Carlsberg - to quote Sean lock, its a "driving beer" something that tastes a bit like beer but doesn't get you pissed

I'm rather partial at the moment to a can or 2 of dubowie, polish & whilst its 7% abv, 2 cans before you go to bed and you don't even know you've gone to bed.

Edited by Jimzk5

Flicking through the TV channels and just got Glastonbury

Some long haired ginger bird warbling badly on stage

Switched it off after about a min

But there appears to be thousands of people watching/ listening to her and having fun .. Presumably they all have MP3 players in their ears and can't hear what im hearing

Edited by tonyh29

Flicking through the TV channels and just got Glastonbury

Some long haired ginger bird warbling badly on stage

Switched it off after about a min

But there appears to be thousands of people watching/ listening to her and having fun .. Presumably they all have MP3 players in their ears and can't hear what im hearing

57% of them probably think its the Foo Fighters

I don't get Florence against the machine either. Better options online.

Is that whom it was ?

Haven't heard a female warbling out of tune like that since some of Yoko Ono's "art" music

Edited by tonyh29

I came here to post exactly that. I'm aware of Florence and her Machine and for the life of me, I just can't see what the attraction is.

I've a feeling a similar sentiment was expressed about her last year too though?

• Like 1

My daughter was playing the first Florence album last week, and TBF it's pretty good. But she made a good point - FW isn't a particularly great singer, but she's bloody LOUD.

They're ok, they're not headliners at Glastonbury but they've been bumped up, libertines are headliners so I'm not sure why they didn't just get them in, I'm watching rudimental from last night

The headliners tonight are terrible, Kanye **** west, deadmaus moody blues, suede...

Is that poloma faith or whatever her name is the singer of Florence and the machine or are they separate people/bands?

Separate people! Florence Welch.

They're ok, they're not headliners at Glastonbury but they've been bumped up, libertines are headliners so I'm not sure why they didn't just get them in, I'm watching rudimental from last night

They did get them in, they filled Florence's original spot, but yeah, should have been the other way round.

Is that poloma faith or whatever her name is the singer of Florence and the machine or are they separate people/bands?

Separate people! Florence Welch.

They are similar though aren't they?

What? Visually? Musically? Slightly, I suppose. Never occurred to me. 

Â