Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

If people could keep their cats out of my garden I'd probably like them a lot more. 

I don't own a cat so shouldn't have to pick cat poo out of my lawn. Let alone worry about my son falling in it.

Cats tend to bury their poops. 

It's more likely to be a fox if its in the middle of the lawn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Cats tend to bury their poops. 

It's more likely to be a fox if its in the middle of the lawn. 

I've seen the cats do it both with my own eyes and on CCTV. 

They also killed the birds nesting in our garden. 

I've grown up with cats, my family still own cats (both pets and farm cats). They're not pleasant creatures and they definitely aren't domesticated. 

If you like cats that's fine, I just wish I didn't have to interact with them. It's like someone who doesn't like dogs seeing them off the lead out in public, except it's in my own garden. 

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Henry is currently out of action under the stairs. Rear end electrical problems or something like that .

I know how he feels :( 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I always say to my mate that when I retire (hopefully in my early 50s) I will rent a place in central London, like Marylebone, for 6 months, and do all the sights and 'live London' for a bit. 

And after 6 months you'll have to go back to work again for another 30 years :D

• Like 2

Just now, Chindie said:

He changes his entire demeanor. He doesn't just put on some glasses, he holds himself differently, acts completely differently, speaks differently.

And while Lois Lane is in his arms ( again ) she still cant figure out that the guy she works with every day is the same guy she is in love with without the silly costume.

SNL. 
My OH (American) is desperate for me to see the funny in it and I just don’t see it. I’m being inundated with a plethora of videos to convince me. It means a lot, obviously, but I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve just decided I’m not going to like any of it and I’m not giving them a chance but I’ve not seen anything yet that so much as raised a smile yet she’s sitting there laughing her head off. 

16 hours ago, choffer said:

SNL. 
My OH (American) is desperate for me to see the funny in it and I just don’t see it. I’m being inundated with a plethora of videos to convince me. It means a lot, obviously, but I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve just decided I’m not going to like any of it and I’m not giving them a chance but I’ve not seen anything yet that so much as raised a smile yet she’s sitting there laughing her head off. 

To me SNL is just massively inconsistent. There are some very funny stuff that comes out of it. Especially from back in the day when stuff like Celebrity Jeopardy was on there.

But there is also loads and loads of absolute shite on it. 

• Like 3

On 06/11/2022 at 22:21, choffer said:

SNL. 

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To me SNL is just massively inconsistent. There are some very funny stuff that comes out of it. Especially from back in the day when stuff like Celebrity Jeopardy was on there.

But there is also loads and loads of absolute shite on it. 

This. I do enjoy Weekend Update is the by far the best bit and the cold opening and monologue vary on quality depending who's doing it. The sketches however are generally cringeworthy and usually based on 1 relatively unfunny joke repeated ad nausea. 

It's just a testing ground for comedic talent before they're catapulted into movies. 

It does have it's moments, but you have to wade through 80% bad improv and corny American characters to get there. 

Ultimately, you should just wait for the movies :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a series of programmes over here,on Foxtel called "Worlds greatest teams" they have Juventus,AC Milan,Barcelona,Real Madrid,etc,etc ........ they also include Celtic ?!

Why is Celtic there ? They won the European cup once in1957,they rarely make it past the group stage of the Champions league and only last week they were beaten 2-0 by Sydney FC and drew 0-0 with Everton ( who are 17th in the Premier League ) yet they are amongst teams like Juventus,Barca,Real M etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is a series of programmes over here,on Foxtel called "Worlds greatest teams" they have Juventus,AC Milan,Barcelona,Real Madrid,etc,etc ........ they also include Celtic ?!

Why is Celtic there ? They won the European cup once in1957,they rarely make it past the group stage of the Champions league and only last week they were beaten 2-0 by Sydney FC and drew 0-0 with Everton ( who are 17th in the Premier League ) yet they are amongst teams like Juventus,Barca,Real M etc.

Scottish football is in the gutter now, but historically Celtic (and Rangers) are an absolutely massive football club.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Potentially pandering to all the Scottish and Irish ex-pats? 

Up until the formation of the Premier League, Rangers and Celtic would have been able to hold their own at the top of the English table. Especially Rangers at that point. They would have probably won the last 'old' first division title ahead of Leeds. They played each other in the Champions League the following season and Rangers beat them home and away,

It was the Premier League and Sky money which caused the English teams to accelerate away in terms of finances. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Scottish football is in the gutter now, but historically Celtic (and Rangers) are an absolutely massive football club.

Which, to be fair to the *****, is impressive for a club that was only founded in 2012. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â