Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

11 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Karen’s Diner experience?

These venues are popping up in a few locations now with one being in Birmingham. I haven’t experienced one myself but keep asking myself “what’s the point?”.

Supposedly, a diner that gives you good food but awful service. Prepare to be abused????

Sister-in-law went the other evening said it was funny but probably wouldn’t go again.  Was made to wear a hat saying the words “this is my cum face”.

Just sounds ridiculous but I am a boring moody git I suppose. I just wouldn’t pay for this nonsense. 

Seen a few mentions of this place in the news and I have to agree, what enjoyment is there in being abused when having a burger?! No different to Maccies on the ramp at night :D 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have a Ex who was a Karen, I certainly wouldn't want to go through that again. 😳

Never stick your dick in crazy. 

Learned my lessons in the past. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have a Ex who was a Karen, I certainly wouldn't want to go through that again. 😳

Was she "a Karen"? Or was she actually called Karen? Or (double points)... both

Surely there'll be a few Karens as customers too so it has to kick off once in a while especially if the waiter goes a bit too far and makes a personal comment and hits a punter's weak spot or raw nerve ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I feel sorry for all the perfectly reasonable women called Karen. Or indeed anyone whose name subsequently becomes a joke meme (my daughter Alice is only now just getting over "Who the **** is Alice?" being current when she was at school). 

Their are no perfectly reasonable women, never mind Karen's. 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Their are no perfectly reasonable women, never mind Karen's. 😂

I set 'em up, you tap 'em in. 

By the by, I think 'Karen' has completely different associations in the US and UK. As I understand it, the stereotypical American Karen is a middle aged, middle class, slightly snobby conservative woman. In Britain, Karens are assumed to be undereducated working class chav types. Similar differences apply to the male name Kevin. Relatively cool and sexy name in the US, but again, a bit 'chavvy' in the UK. 

• Like 1

When I was at School Kevin was the term you would generally use for Chav now. 

There was a massive Kevin Boom in my era. I've heard it said because of Kevin Keegan but he didn't really establish his reputation till a couple of years after my school year was born. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I feel sorry for all the perfectly reasonable women called Karen. Or indeed anyone whose name subsequently becomes a joke meme (my daughter Alice is only now just getting over "Who the **** is Alice?" being current when she was at school). 

At school in the late 70s/early 80s my mate Nige developed a hatred for the band XTC.

Of course his classmates took full advantage 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

At school in the late 70s/early 80s my mate Nige developed a hatred for the band XTC.

Of course his classmates took full advantage 😁

Started making plans for him? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Started making plans for him? 

Yep, but he was more annoyed at the others going up to him and shouting "aah woooooo !!" in his face 🤣

The things one remembers from 40 years ago....

Â