Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Just now, bickster said:

I knew you'd come back with the predictable humour but again you know I'm right even on that point.

I don’t really care Bicks. You’ve made an argument out of the purpose of wearing clothes 😂

If someone posted that grass was green my money would be on you trying to convince us all that it was actually purple. 

Have a beer, Villa are doing bits

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Might just be me getting old, but I see the term "double pivot" in football and I haven't got a clue.

It's used for a situation where the pundit is out of their depth and wants the appearance of being clever, without the fear of being rumbled as a charlatan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anthony said:

It's used for a situation where the pundit is out of their depth and wants the appearance of being clever, without the fear of being rumbled as a charlatan. 

Is there a football commentator that knows what a pivot actually is, let alone a double pivot

27 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Why?

Got the last of them over 15 years ago and my opinions changed about them and somewhat about tattoo's in general.

Genuinely considering getting laser removal. 

• Like 1

My grandad had a tattoo, a proper Popeye-esque navy one on his forearm. 

I remember thinking it looked like it had been sewn on. Guess getting older played it’s part in that, along with whatever methods they were using back then (early 1940’s I guess).

He’d bemoan it and say he wished he hadn’t had it done (quite possibly prompted by my parents to say that to put me off). But he seemed to mean it.

That memory had an influence on me not having one. Never really appealed.

It’s funny how it barely registers with me when someone has one. Twenty years ago it seemed much more noteworthy.

• Like 3

Why people stopped eating breakfast cereal. It seems so simple and healthy, if you choose well . I don't get it. Millennials have been getting bashed for it, unfairly, supposedly, but still ... cereal is such a good thing. I protest this. I protest.

I started eating oatmeal again for breakfast this fall, and my day just always feels better if I eat it. Something about taking a moment before I jet off to work.

Why aren’t millennials eating cereal? Apparently, it’s just too much work.

Â