Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This whole nineties baggy clothes thing is a bit weird.

I mean I'm glad skinny jeans are out, but watching stuff I wore as a kid become "retro" is a painful experience. I suppose some of you old timers have been through this before.

Also does this mean in 5 years we're going to have another wave of nu metal and skate punk?

Even though I was an Indie DJ at the time and part of that baggy scene I never wore the clothes. It looked silly then just as it will look silly again

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This whole nineties baggy clothes thing is a bit weird.

I mean I'm glad skinny jeans are out, but watching stuff I wore as a kid become "retro" is a painful experience. I suppose some of you old timers have been through this before.

Also does this mean in 5 years we're going to have another wave of nu metal and skate punk?

Funnily enough, at the weekend I was at a fancy dress party and thought it would be funny to go as Fred Durst.

The odd thing was that I managed to get the oversized T-shirt and baggy cargo trousers from ASOS, which would suggest that this stuff is back in fashion again.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I just saw some teenage girl at IKEA walking around with a Nirvana shirt. Why are kids today so wrapped up in music culture that old? When I was in high school, I wouldn’t have been caught dead showing off my love of pop artists from the early 1950s. And lest anyone dispute this, Nirvana was completely mainstream in the early 90s. So much so, it even bothered Kurt Cobain. I wasn’t listening to perry Como and Les Paul and Mary Ford or the Ames Brothers in the 80s. By the way, **** Nirvana. Totally overrated **** man.

Because some people just like music and don't care what era it came from?

Or just fashion

• Like 1

I was around when Nirvana were big, but didn't listen to them at the time. I got into them about 10 years later and loved them. I haven't listened to them much in a while but I own a tshirt that I wear often which has their name on it.

Am I allowed to wear this according to VT?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Because some people just like music and don't care what era it came from?

+ new music is shit...

there's a reason why lads are still listening to oasis and liam gallagher, no one has come along since and had that impact or trumped them, nirvana to an extent are the same (although its not my taste so im not completely sure) who has there been in the last 10 years of her life that the girl should be listening to instead? no one comes to my mind instantly

discovering old music is one of the luxuries of being young and for me personally is more enjoyable than discovering new music

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was around when Nirvana were big, but didn't listen to them at the time. I got into them about 10 years later and loved them. I haven't listened to them much in a while but I own a tshirt that I wear often which has their name on it.

Am I allowed to wear this according to VT?

Maybe we should do a poll if it would help you make up your mind?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Maybe we should do a poll if it would help you make up your mind?

Oh I’ll wear it regardless. If I took fashion advice from VT I’d be wearing walking shoes and trousers with a regatta fleece every day

Lip fillers (Not a single woman with them doesn't look like a duck)

90s clothes. As pointed out by @KentVillan, just make people look stupid. Nobody looks smart or attractive in overly baggy clothes. It's the opposite of sexy.

Burgers/Pizza. They are moderately ok things to eat and there's definitely a time for either. But how the hell have they conquered the world so much so that every 2nd restaurant is dedicated to either one or both? There's so much to eat out there and so many amazing dishes from around the world, it baffles me that practically all new restaurants now are burger joints or pizzerias.

Tattoos. Nobody had them for decades and now almost everyone not only has one, but many have the SAME one. Very individual.

No socks with shoes. I mean, wtf.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

+ new music is shit...

there's a reason why lads are still listening to oasis and liam gallagher, no one has come along since and had that impact or trumped them, nirvana to an extent are the same (although its not my taste so im not completely sure) who has there been in the last 10 years of her life that the girl should be listening to instead? no one comes to my mind instantly

discovering old music is one of the luxuries of being young and for me personally is more enjoyable than discovering new music

We are also an ageing society, with mainstream media hanging on to flogging the past in order to keep going.

Edited by The Fun Factory

22 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No socks with shoes. I mean, wtf.

depends on the shoes obviously, im currently sat in a pair of chelsea boots so have to wear socks but i will purposefully try and buy trainers that don't need socks, will spend the summer in espadrilles and shorts

i don't get ankle socks, think they look shit, can understand the type that just about cover your sole, as in proper no look socks but ankle socks look terrible

Â