Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

People getting tattos on the back of their legs.Saw a woman today that had these tats and one of them was just below her shorts.What is the point ? she cant see them,which means she is spending her money to please/amuse strangers ?!

• Haha 1

On 22/10/2022 at 15:01, PussEKatt said:

People getting tattos on the back of their legs.Saw a woman today that had these tats and one of them was just below her shorts.What is the point ? she cant see them,which means she is spending her money to please/amuse strangers ?!

I haven’t got one there myself (not yet at least) but I wouldn’t say the main objective of the ones I do have is to spend a lot of time admiring them myself. I mean, any time I wear anything with long sleeves, I can’t see any of mine either. I have a couple on my triceps, including one that I’m particularly proud of, that I need a mirror to see.  

People get tattoos for many reasons I’m sure. I personally think good ink work looks really cool, so there’s that, but for me my tattoos all mean something to me, and honour people I care about or say something about who I am and what I’m passionate about. It’s a fun but expensive hobby. 

• Like 2

On 22/10/2022 at 14:01, PussEKatt said:

I have one on the back of my leg and it's my favourite one. Why did I put it there? Cos the shape of the back of my leg best suits the image. It's art at the end of the day and an expression of yourself, just because you can't look at it all the time doesn't mean it's for other people. 

I very rarely look at the tattoos on my arm that I can see all the time. They're just there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I have tattoes myself but only on my arms and fingers of my left hand.Obviously I can see all of those,I was wondering why people have tattoes that they cant see.

Why do you bother wearing anything on the back of your body? You'll never see it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do you bother wearing anything on the back of your body? You'll never see it

Not really wanting to get involved in the tats discussion but that's a shit argument unless your tats keep you warm

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not really wanting to get involved in the tats discussion but that's a shit argument unless your tats keep you warm

I know you're an exception, but most people don't just wear clothes to stop them from freezing to death

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know you're an exception, but most people don't just wear clothes to stop them from freezing to death

You are wrong you know, when you can't afford fashionable clothes, you still need to wear clothes

Fashionable is a secondary not primary function of clothing

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are wrong you know, when you can't afford fashionable clothes, you still need to wear clothes

Fashionable is a secondary not primary function of clothing

For you maybe.

Why don't we all walk round in our pants in the summer then?

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

For you maybe.

Why don't we all walk round in our pants in the summer then?

Thanks for the U-turn :D 

To protect us from UV rays

To make us feel secure in our surroundings

To keep us dry etc

Clothes are a basic necessity for human survival

Some people can afford them to be fashionable, others can't but they still need clothes, ones with backs to them too

Just admit it, your point was silly in the first place

• Haha 1

On 22/10/2022 at 14:01, PussEKatt said:

Well the majority of people who get tattoos are doing it as they think it makes them look better. 

On 22/10/2022 at 16:01, PussEKatt said:

It could be covering up a birth deformity. Like a collection of skin bumps that resembles Phil Mitchell bending down to pick up a slice of cucumber when he was making a midnight salad.

Or a birth mark that resembles a fallen punnet of currywurst after a long day painting old builders railway wagons.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Thanks for the U-turn :D 

To protect us from UV rays

To make us feel secure in our surroundings

To keep us dry etc

Clothes are a basic necessity for human survival

Some people can afford them to be fashionable, others can't but they still need clothes, ones with backs to them too

Just admit it, your point was silly in the first place

My point was nonsense but I couldn’t think of a better example. But you’re also talking shite 😂

nobody wears clothes to feel secure in their surroundings ffs 😂

Â