Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Have good memories of being in a Hamburg pub with my mates, pissed on good beer, and some old German rockers putting Creedence on the jukebox all night! 

I need the heart emoji. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Creedence are the greatest band ever.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I love CCR, but they were arguably the American Status Quo. 

I see what you're saying. From San Francisco but playing swamp rock and singing about the Mississippi etc.  Straight up and down guitar riffs.  If it's good, it's good, though.

Glad they changed their name, though.  Don't think they'd have got much farther as The Golliwogs.

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'll stand by my Status Quo comparison, but Coldplay? Come on. 

I only really know/knew one song. Bad Moon Rising, which is meh.  So went to YouTube and listened to a bunch more. I don’t dislike them, but I don’t like them. So like Coldplay then, in my register.

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I see what you're saying. From San Francisco but playing swamp rock and singing about the Mississippi etc.  Straight up and down guitar riffs.  If it's good, it's good, though.

Glad they changed their name, though.  Don't think they'd have got much farther as The Golliwogs.

Could have released a Christmas song with Prussian Blue? 

Hmmm did a quick search, at first listen I recognise two songs (bad moon rising and fortunate son). Bit disappointed that more don’t sound familiar as I enjoy the “Oh THAT’S who does this song!” moment of realisation.

For what it’s worth, I think the song, erm..”For what it’s worth” by Buffalo Springfield is a classic example of that, people instantly knowing it, but couldn’t tell you anything about it.

I am not getting the hate. How can this not be one of the best things you have ever heard. 

In all honesty I am a recent convert to their greatness so if I can discover them at 34, then others can too. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am not getting the hate. How can this not be one of the best things you have ever heard. 

In all honesty I am a recent convert to their greatness so if I can discover them at 34, then others can too. 

Ok, “bad moon rising”, “fortunate son”and “have you ever seen the rain” makes three I recognise and like. 

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Did you mean in 1934?😉

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Haha 1

Â