Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Really hard to separate the biscuit from the filling - this makes them shit

The biscuit part tastes like charcoal with added sugar - this makes them shitter

The filling tastes like what I imagine a sock worn for a week tastes like with added sugar - this makes them shitter than shit

What about those TUC cheese 'sandwiches' are they actually a biscuit or not and what about the filling, is it actually cheese 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

They’re just an shit American version of our classic Bourbon biscuit. They’re really not all that. 

Bourbons are not classic. They don't even taste of chocolate. They're just brown. Most boring, disappointing biscuit ever. 

• Like 2

I feel like pink wafer biscuits were more ubiquitous when I was a kid than they are now. They’re still in shops of course, but I remember them rivalling custard creams, classic chocolate digestives etc in their number...it feels like they’re more of a rarity these days.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bourbons are not classic. They don't even taste of chocolate. They're just brown. Most boring, disappointing biscuit ever. 

Like Oreo, they are not pleasant really.  But surely the title of Most boring, disappointing biscuit ever must be awarded to the Nice biscuit?   The most innapropriately named food source of all time, or are they supposed to be French?   

Also see Lincoln biscuits.

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

**** you all. I didn’t get this size without being a connoisseur of biscuits and Oreos are top 3. Easy. 

I don't mind Oreos though for some reason Mrs H banned them from our house as they have palm oil in them   (I need to keep an eye on her , she'll be wearing kafka scarves and stop shaving her armpits before i know it )

but don't think I'd ever rate them top 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I feel like pink wafer biscuits were more ubiquitous when I was a kid than they are now. They’re still in shops of course, but I remember them rivalling custard creams, classic chocolate digestives etc in their number...it feels like they’re more of a rarity these days.

They were always the biscuits left until last in any variety pack. They are the inhabitants of care homes in the biscuit world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like Oreo, they are not pleasant really.  But surely the title of Most boring, disappointing biscuit ever must be awarded to the Nice biscuit?   The most innapropriately named food source of all time, or are they supposed to be French?  

Originally marketed as "Delightful as the town after which they are named"

Now I know this , I'm adding them in crayon to Mrs H's ban list

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Also see Lincoln biscuits.

Named after the French City but bear no relation to any traditional biscuit I've ever encountered in Nice

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Traditional would have been a better description. I don’t mind them though, if the alternative is a dry garibaldi then I’m chomping the bourbon every time. 

• Like 1

I used to love Cadbury fingers but something about them now sets my teeth on edge. Exactly the same with Maltesers - actually it’s much worse with them. Really hard to explain, but it’s something to do with texture between the chocolate and biscuit. 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Traditional would have been a better description. I don’t mind them though, if the alternative is a dry garibaldi then I’m chomping the bourbon every time. 

Oh, agreed. But garibaldis aren't boring, they're just downright evil. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

**** you all. I didn’t get this size without being a connoisseur of biscuits and Oreos are top 3. Easy. 

Oreos are good and people in this thread are wrong, but as Tony says, they're not a top 3. Well in the top half for sure though, and Oreo milkshakes and Oreo ice cream are also good (it's just sugar at the end of the day, what's not to like).

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So true. I feel like these are 70s and 80s food, like neapolitan ice cream.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I used to love Cadbury fingers but something about them now sets my teeth on edge. Exactly the same with Maltesers - actually it’s much worse with them. Really hard to explain, but it’s something to do with texture between the chocolate and biscuit. 

I loved Cadbury’s fingers up until some snotty kid shoved one up his nose at a kids party, the disgusting brat pulled it out covered in snot and put it back on the plate. I’ve not touched one since. 

I wonder what ever happened to this kid, probably became a Tory politician. 

• Haha 2

Â