Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

WDFAFC
🤷‍♂️

(I know I’m going to kick myself when I find out but of all the possible permutations, I have never been able to work out what it stands for.)

We Do Faff All From Corners*.

*”Faff” is guesswork on my part.

• Thanks 1

There are 12 days of Christmas. How come on 25th all non religious Christmas activity ceases other than lights and decorations.  I want the radio to keep playing the songs and Christmas stuff on TV till 12th night. 

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There are 12 days of Christmas. How come on 25th all non religious Christmas activity ceases other than lights and decorations.  I want the radio to keep playing the songs and Christmas stuff on TV till 12th night. 

200.webp?cid=ecf05e473b893g05i86kydbtdwv

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been having that argument with the wife - she agrees with you, and traditionally speaking you are both right. However, personally, I don't want that. If we must have twelve days of Christmas, I'd start it twelve days before Dec 25th (and not a day earlier). Once Christmas Day is over, that's it for me until next year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Once Christmas Day is over, that's it for me until next year. 

Yep. Just read that in between taking the decos down. Now to get back on it reinforced in my rightness.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yep. Just read that in between taking the decos down. Now to get back on it reinforced in my rightness.

What? I can forgive the gravy (just) but that's horrible. 

L3VD.gif

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

my mrs has done 12 days by middle of November.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Oh as part of physical rehabilitation or some such, yeah I’d get past any awkwardness I have definitely.

I get them every now and again, usually a sports massage as they do help to releive tension/lactic acid. For a while I did feel slightly odd at first but I realised it's a bit like going to the Dr's. They're very used to seeing people with not much on and they don't care so why should I. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I get them every now and again, usually a sports massage as they do help to releive tension/lactic acid. For a while I did feel slightly odd at first but I realised it's a bit like going to the Dr's. They're very used to seeing people with not much on and they don't care so why should I. 

Happy ending? 

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I get them every now and again, usually a sports massage as they do help to releive tension/lactic acid. 

I usually spray my lactic acid all over the place after a massage at the 'Siam Happy Ending' parlour. 

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Happy ending? 

No, but that reminds me of a massage I got in Amsterdam once. The lady kept saying how impressed she was and that I was the biggest she'd ever seen. I told her I appreciated that but we both knew she was just pulling my leg. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

I usually spray my lactic acid all over the place after a massage at the 'Siam Happy Ending' parlour. 

For a second I nearly believed you, then I realised you'd said 'spray' and 'all over'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reminds of a story on an old podcast I listened to.

Bloke played football regularly and his missus decided to book him a massage as a present. So the day comes where she gives him the voucher for the free massage. He notices she's put a message on it.

Happy birthday! Enjoy the massage!

But not too much ;)!

He never ended up taking the massage, because he couldn't have handing over the voucher which suggested he was the kind of person that might expect to enjoy a massage on many levels...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

If you don't like Creedence then you're **** dead. Don't at me Bicks.

im watching you robert de niro GIF

Before I go off on a tangent you mean clearwater revival... 

I was in a vinyl club a few years back, 6 of us got together and threw some money in and then each took it in turns to buy 6 copies of the same vinyl for each other on a monthly basis, it was fun, some new stuff that I'd never heard of, some classics id never thought of but then also some back to blacks which I personally hate

Mine was green river, antics by interpol and the boxer by the national, I considered myself pretty damn good at it, think by general consensus the national won the whole thing, no one had heard of them before I got it (it was my round 1 entry) but creedance went down a treat too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Oh they sing that" was what I said for about 50 songs. Creedence are the greatest band ever. Regardless of whether you like them or not. They are un be **** lievable.

It doesnt matter that I think they are one of the best, but the sentiment is, they are stunningly good. 

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Oh they sing that" was what I said for about 50 songs. Creedence are the greatest band ever. Regardless of whether you like them or not. They are un be **** lievable.

Have good memories of being in a Hamburg pub with my mates, pissed on good beer, and some old German rockers putting Creedence on the jukebox all night! 

• Like 2

Ă—
Ă—
Ă‚