Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On 26/11/2019 at 12:17, bickster said:

I'd start a record label, open a venue and a bar and possibly some kind of eaterie oh and a record shop to go along with the label. Maybe even invest stupid money in a vinyl pressing plant and possibly even a  recording studio. i'd be the Svengali obviously, professionals would do most of the work

I assume your record label would buy up the rights to the Beatles catalogue and remaster and re-issue everything at a discount!

:trollface:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

K Pop boy bands. There are always a ridiculous number of members that seem to model themselves on early 90s British boybands. Hair, clothes. They look hilarious but have terrifying army of fans. These bands could take over the world if they wanted. 

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

K Pop boy bands. There are always a ridiculous number of members that seem to model themselves on early 90s British boybands. Hair, clothes. They look hilarious but have terrifying army of fans. These bands could take over the world if they wanted. 

K Pop girl bands on the other hand! 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Velvet sponge cake. 

What's the big deal ? It's just red sponge, right ? No particularly different flavour, not to me anyway. Seems no different to any other sponge.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This:

spacer.png

Just why?

it's a touch under 4 degrees, it's 7am, and this is what I see as I do an early shop at Asda (ironically to try and avoid these cabbages).

What is he trying to prove?

That he's too **** lazy to get dressed? Or that he's just a massive spunktrumpet?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This:

spacer.png

Just why?

it's a touch under 4 degrees, it's 7am, and this is what I see as I do an early shop at Asda (ironically to try and avoid these cabbages).

That he's too **** lazy to get dressed? Or that he's just a massive spunktrumpet?

@Stevo985 has let himself go. Still no socks though. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

@Stevo985 has let himself go. Still no socks though. 

My hatred of people wearing flip flops or sliders in public is well documented, unless you're on holiday.

Everything else is bang on though ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

My hatred of people wearing flip flops or sliders in public is well documented, unless you're on holiday.

Everything else is bang on though ;) 

I wear slides with calf high socks all the time. I rocked up to a pub at around 2am about a week or two ago and got chatting to a girl who was highly amused. Bright red Chicago Bulls slides with calf high white socks, basketball shorts, a hoodie and Chicago Bulls snap back. I caught a group of guys who were looking my way until eye contact was made and I got the vibe they were also wondering wtf I was doing at the pub in such attire. I told the girl that I was on a man hunt and lived down the road anyway, so wasn't really concerned with dressing to impress. I think the only fashion crime, or fashion choice I don't get, is denim or fabric that is shredded prior to purchase, I mean isn't the appeal that someone has worn and torn it and doesn't care anyway? Not because this someone pays an inflated price for the garment on account of it being fashionable. It's the attitude that created the appeal? But each to their own.

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This:

spacer.png

Just why?

usually, it’s so we all know he’s got an awesome tattoo

if you can’t see a tattoo he’s probably got some diabetic / blood pressure / varicose / middle aged man shit going on and it’s **** his internal thermometer

or he’s just a douche

48 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I wear slides with calf high socks all the time. I rocked up to a pub at around 2am about a week or two ago and got chatting to a girl who was highly amused. Bright red Chicago Bulls slides with calf high white socks, basketball shorts, a hoodie and Chicago Bulls snap back. I caught a group of guys who were looking my way until eye contact was made and I got the vibe they were also wondering wtf I was doing at the pub in such attire. I told the girl that I was on a man hunt and lived down the road anyway, so wasn't really concerned with dressing to impress. I think the only fashion crime, or fashion choice I don't get, is denim or fabric that is shredded prior to purchase, I mean isn't the appeal that someone has worn and torn it and doesn't care anyway? Not because this someone pays an inflated price for the garment on account of it being fashionable. It's the attitude that created the appeal? But each to their own.

That's fine, I should have been specific. It's basically people having their feet on show that I despise. If you were covering them with socks then that's cool

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

usually, it’s so we all know he’s got an awesome tattoo

if you can’t see a tattoo he’s probably got some diabetic / blood pressure / varicose / middle aged man shit going on and it’s **** his internal thermometer

or he’s just a douche

At the start of the winter I got an awesome leg tattoo. I am being patient this douche should be too. 

• Like 1

I don't get how I managed to find plenty of time to browse VT when I was actually at work, but now I'm working from home I've barely been on. 

I'm going to have lower my work rate 20% so I can fit it in next week. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don't get how I managed to find plenty of time to browse VT when I was actually at work, but now I'm working from home I've barely been on. 

I'm going to have lower my work rate 20% so I can fit it in next week. 

Just shows people generally work harder at home than in the office. I'm the same. I've just this minute logged off my work laptop. If i'd been in the office, i'd have been on the 4pm train home!

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just shows people generally work harder at home than in the office. I'm the same. I've just this minute logged off my work laptop. If i'd been in the office, i'd have been on the 4pm train home!

True. At work I often nip out for a Vape and a bit of peace and quiet, I don’t need to at home so I keep working. I’m also not being bothered by people every two mins which helps. 

• 2 months later...

Since the lockdown and the closure of gyms why am i seeing so many women out and about wearing gym kit?

You don't need to wear gym leggings or a gym top to go shopping. i see lots of them like this in the queue for the supermarket. Why?

I can half understand wearing it to go for a walk but most seem to be wearing it as the latest fashion attire.

I just don't get it.

28 minutes ago, imavillan said:

You don't need to wear gym leggings or a gym top to go shopping

Depends very much what type of species inhabit the said attire right?

*perv*

• Like 3

Â