Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

41 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Since the lockdown and the closure of gyms why am i seeing so many women out and about wearing gym kit?

You don't need to wear gym leggings or a gym top to go shopping. i see lots of them like this in the queue for the supermarket. Why?

I can half understand wearing it to go for a walk but most seem to be wearing it as the latest fashion attire.

I just don't get it.

Fashun innit.

I'm not complaining, tends to be so tight fitting these days you can see everything ;)

Not that I'm a (total) pervert.

• Haha 2

Sports kit?

Pff, 20 year old super absorbent poly cotton or go home, that’s what I say.

EY9bcRSWkAUQXj2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

You see everything in that, I can tell you.

Thinking of investing in a sports bra.

58 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Since the lockdown and the closure of gyms why am i seeing so many women out and about wearing gym kit?

My missus says she does because she's lazy. Oddly I'm not allowed to agree with her on that because she's not lazy, she has a very busy life and I just don't understand the stresses and pressure she is under. Not everyone has time to iron shirt and a pair of trousers every day you know!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Depends very much what type of species inhabit the said attire right?

*perv*

Totally understand, but there are lots of them that clearly do not have a full length mirror at home!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

My missus says she does because she's lazy. Oddly I'm not allowed to agree with her on that because she's not lazy, she has a very busy life and I just don't understand the stresses and pressure she is under. Not everyone has time to iron shirt and a pair of trousers every day you know!!

Especially during these unprecedentedly busy times.  You insensitive monster.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Especially during these unprecedentedly busy times.  You insensitive monster.

Oh great. Now I’ve got two people calling me insensitive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, imavillan said:

You don't need to wear gym leggings or a gym top to go shopping. i see lots of them like this in the queue for the supermarket. Why?

I can half understand wearing it to go for a walk but most seem to be wearing it as the latest fashion attire.

I just don't get it.

It's basically like the modern day tracky bottoms. They're technically gym/sportswear too.

Sportswear has been coming more and more into fashion over the past year or two.

Not sure if it's just me but I hate the feel of football shirts/tracksuit material. I know it's supposed to be cooling but it just makes me sweat like a mofo. 

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

I just don't get it.

Hve you been invaded by Scousers? Scouse women have been wearing Yoga pants and Running pants for about two years. I just assume it's normal behaviour

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

saw one in Tesco last night , checked out quite well from behind Tbf , then she turned around and had those horrible eye lashes and lip enhancements and I think I physically yelped and decided that compulsory face masks are actually a good idea .

But , i’m sure she is lovely once you got to know her ....

Part way through that anecdote I thought you were describing a Kronenbourg.

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's basically like the modern day tracky bottoms. They're technically gym/sportswear too.

Sportswear has been coming more and more into fashion over the past year or two.

They* call it "Ath-leisure" (pronounced the Americun way - Ath-leeeezure.)

*The kids

• Like 1

People queuing for hours to get into IKEA today. 

I know a lot of people have **** all to do at the moment but bloody hell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

I had a genuine reason to do it when ours reopened! 

I bought a changing table for the new baby, first time in my life the contents of the IKEA box were wrong, one of the boards was a duplicate rather than a mirror image, had to take it back sharpish due to the baby being born

Took 4 attempts... First 2 the queue was too big, 3rd time they didn't have it in stock

Its not just the sheer number of people there it's that as youre queing you see them leave... More than half were walking away with plant pots, or a light shade, or something else completely unimportant, or nothing at all, full of window shoppers and browsers with nothing better to do

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't know what the **** is wrong with people.

It's been happening for the past couple of weeks.

Hours to queue to get into McDonalds or KFC. Or the **** tip. 

I mean I know we don't have much going on at the moment but do people not have anything better to do than to queue for hours for something that is so underwhelming?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean I know we don't have much going on at the moment but do people not have anything better to do than to queue for hours for something that is so underwhelming?

I thought you was a vegetarian 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think a load more Maccy D's opened today. I bet it was carnage. 

McDonald’s is basically legalised crack. If you don’t have it, you don’t miss it. But as soon as you start partaking, it can get quite addictive. A large Big Mac meal with a couple of double cheeseburger chasers used to get me quite excited. 

But now I haven’t been for three months I’m really not interested in it. I’ve weened myself off the salt, sugar, cholesterol highs. 

20 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

McDonald’s is basically legalised crack. If you don’t have it, you don’t miss it. But as soon as you start partaking, it can get quite addictive. A large Big Mac meal with a couple of double cheeseburger chasers used to get me quite excited. 

But now I haven’t been for three months I’m really not interested in it. I’ve weened myself off the salt, sugar, cholesterol highs. 

I like the occasional one, more of a breakfast man myself, but never been hooked on it. 

I can't comprehend queuing for hours to get any food. 

• Like 1

Â