Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On 10/04/2019 at 07:56, AVFCDAN said:

Not that I've ever drunk a non-alcoholic beer

^ Toxic masculinity.

* I drank one by mistake once

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why golfers don't make an effort to tan their forehead so when they take their hat off at the end of the round they don't look so ridiculous.

disappointed the wire GIF

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why golfers don't make an effort to tan their forehead so when they take their hat off at the end of the round they don't look so ridiculous.

Yeah but then they'd look ridiculous before the round

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why so many people feel the need to film themselves talking inane nonsense and uploading it to youtube etc.

Reaction videos are the worst. 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reaction videos are the worst. 

At least they're a little bit natural.

I just don't get the mindset of most vloggers thinking, oh I'm going to film myself talking about stuff in my bedroom.  

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

At least they're a little bit natural.

I just don't get the mindset of most vloggers thinking, oh I'm going to film myself talking about stuff in my bedroom.  

Its a lot more than that in all honestly.

I follow a few vloggers on YouTube who travel around the world and its really interesting content. All done and edited by themselves with no agenda or advertising money to push the direction or content like a normal show might have. I would rather watch that on demand content with no advertising than settle down to watch most of the trash that's on terrestrial tv every night that is essentially just filler between adverts.

Edited by AVFCDAN

vloggers that travel around the world with no agenda or advertising money? I really think the agenda might be to have a lifelong holiday, if they ask people to subscribe I am sure its probably for some revenue generating reason. If they describe themselves not as a tourist but as a traveller or global citizen, they need shooting.

Disclaimer. I am being figurative, not literal, they dont really need shooting.

Edited by Seat68

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If I could get people to pay me to travel around the world I absolutely would, and fair play to any who can. 

Agreed. What are they paying you for though? Like these Insta-models... always in Dubai, pouting away. I think we all know what they are getting paid for. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

Agreed. What are they paying you for though? Like these Insta-models... always in Dubai, pouting away. I think we all know what they are getting paid for. 

Nah mate -  those teeth whitening products and weight loss teas they promote definitely pay well enough to buy first class tickets and nights in  the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah 👀

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2019 at 15:17, Pelle said:

Non alcoholic beer. What's the point?

I think if you drink a lot and are trying to cut down a non alcoholic beer can help with cravings.  Trick the mind almost.

Just don’t try it with a non alcoholic Budweiser....disgusting.

There's this weird fashion thing with beards that I don't get at all. 

Obviously beards are in, and in many ways I'm down with that as a man that looks completely absurd clean shaven and thus hasn't been without stubble at the very least since I started shaving, and currently has a beard that jumps between hobo and simply doesn't care style. However I've recently noticed there's seems to be a movement towards having big bushy beards but with very clean lines along the cheek, neck and sideburns, and with the beard hair itself being as straight as possible (as in, apparently literally straightened). It looks ridiculous. It looks like someone has stuck the beard on, with its completely artificial look. It looks bad.

Now I'm not saying my look is good. I look awful. I look embarrassingly bad. It's because I can't be arsed. If I could be bothered, I'd look better with my beard just trimmed and tidied than these guys though, because it wouldn't have a completely clean outline with straightened hair that seems to have more on common with a broom than anything naturally occurring..

• Like 2

as-some-may-recall-aaron-kaufman-and-ric

A while back, I thought 'equality' was going to mean less slavery to grooming products for women. Less plucking, less waxing, less attempting to look like a creepily hairless pre pubescent dolphin with eyebrows.

It appears I was wrong, it's just meant more men buy more product.

See, I can 'get' that guy's look. Personally I think the beard is stupidly long for anyone outside Middle-Earth or Eastern religion, but it doesn't look weird. It looks natural. What I don't get is the hyper clean line cut with super straight hair look.

It appears to be a pretty new thing because I've just spent a fruitless few minutes searching for picture examples.

I get big beards, I get grooming male grooming (shit, I've owned various beard oils), I'm all for that. I've got a big beard myself (and until trimming a month or so ago I literally could have passed as homeless with how huge it was) and it's unlikely I'll go back to a more trimmed down 'style' soon. What I'm not going to end up with, ever, is a super clean outlined massive beard with straightened hair. Because it looks ridiculous. If I had to make an effort right now with my beard, I would trim any stray long hairs, tidy it a bit and that's it. It'd a completely natural looking big beard that had been tidied up a bit. Not like something made of artificial fibres glued my face.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chindie said:

See, I can 'get' that guy's look. Personally I think the beard is stupidly long for anyone outside Middle-Earth or Eastern religion, but it doesn't look weird. It looks natural. What I don't get is the hyper clean line cut with super straight hair look.

It appears to be a pretty new thing because I've just spent a fruitless few minutes searching for picture examples.

I get big beards, I get grooming male grooming (shit, I've owned various beard oils), I'm all for that. I've got a big beard myself (and until trimming a month or so ago I literally could have passed as homeless with how huge it was) and it's unlikely I'll go back to a more trimmed down 'style' soon. What I'm not going to end up with, ever, is a super clean outlined massive beard with straightened hair. Because it looks ridiculous. If I had to make an effort right now with my beard, I would trim any stray long hairs, tidy it a bit and that's it. It'd a completely natural looking big beard that had been tidied up a bit. Not like something made of artificial fibres glued my face.

Yeah I'm not sure I've seen anyone with a beard like you describe but my town is normally about 3 years behind the latest daft trends.  My beard is solely to hide my baby face really, but I prefer the can't be arsed look rather than groomed.

Â