Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

People who hold their mobile phone like this to speak

dabbsy-angle-2.jpg

I've started doing this when I'm on the phone at home. But only when I'm at home and on my own. It's easier on the arm than holding it up to your head. I don't hold it up to my ear to hear the reply though. I just put it on speaker.

Doing it in public is utterly pointless though.

I just assumed it was people with an irrational fear that their phone's gamma radiation would eventually make their ear fall off.

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just assumed it was people with an irrational fear that their phone's gamma radiation would eventually make their ear fall off.

Me too, these people don’t realise that proximity to the phone mast has a much greater effect. These are also the people that campaign against phone masts near their house, which is exactly what you want to reduce the radiation risk

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Am I on my own here?

my arm gets tired when I’m on the phone holding it up to my ear...

I would offer to back you up but my average mobile phone call at home lasts 30 seconds. 

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would offer to back you up but my average mobile phone call at home lasts 30 seconds. 

Same. Voice calls comprise about 1% of my phone usage. 

34 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I hate it when my phone rings when I’m playing a game or listening to a podcast. So inconsiderate.

...can you delete the telephone call app?

Doesn't your phone have a gaming mode?

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Doesn't your phone have a gaming mode?

I don't and have never played games on my phone (except snake on my 3210 I guess), so I am unsure if you're joking. Is that an actual thing? If so I am gonna rebrand it shitbreakVTbrowse mode 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't and have never played games on my phone (except snake on my 3210 I guess), so I am unsure if you're joking. Is that an actual thing? If so I am gonna rebrand it shitbreakVTbrowse mode 

Screenshot_20190403-193205.jpg

Â