Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I would offer to back you up but my average mobile phone call at home lasts 30 seconds. 

Oh mine too. It's only my mom and occasionally my other half that I speak to for more than about 10 seconds if I can help it.

On 02/04/2019 at 21:29, BOF said:

I just assumed it was people with an irrational fear that their phone's gamma radiation would eventually make their ear fall off.

Which it will of course. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Why does most female's handwriting look all bouncy and whatnot

That's definitely something I've noticed, I mean my handwriting looks like squashed spiders nowadays and my hand turns into a crab claw as soon as I try writing more than my signature, but the writing of the generation of lads below me looks like it hasn't progressed from when they were 8 years old, yet girls' still put a load of effort into it.  Definitely turning into a lost art.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I would offer to back you up but my average mobile phone call at home lasts 30 seconds. 

I think I was the only one who got that! I wonder why? 

Cheers Nick 

I know I'm going to sound like a grumpy old fart here but these skinny fit shirts do my fruit. Just had a two hour meeting with some young sales person who was wearing one. It looked like he was just about to go full hulk and burst out of the thing. 

What's the thinking here? I'm so muscle-bound my shirt can't contain me?

It just looks like you've got a shirt that's two sizes too small for you.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, choffer said:

I know I'm going to sound like a grumpy old fart here but these skinny fit shirts do my fruit. Just had a two hour meeting with some young sales person who was wearing one. It looked like he was just about to go full hulk and burst out of the thing. 

What's the thinking here? I'm so muscle-bound my shirt can't contain me?

It just looks like you've got a shirt that's two sizes too small for you.

drainpipe trousers and winklepicker shoes at the same time?

I agree. The suit looks cheap and as if it's about to rip. Also, why are the trousers so short they almost expose your ankles ?

If that's the fashion of the day then I'm glad I'm not "with it".

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Slim fit/fitted shirts are good.

But sounds like the person above was just wearing one that was too small

I would venture to suggest that he was the problem, not the shirt. 

I’ve no doubt that on some people, this might be a look they can get away with. On him, it just left me wondering if he had a mirror in his house. 

My arch enemy at work orders baker's whites that are too small for him to show off his muscles.  Absolute Representative for Wellingborough.  He used to use those artificial sunbed things as well.  I'd like to smash his face in with a brick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

One thing I don't get is single-sex schools.  I went to one and it only recently dawned on me what a strange concept they are.  I'm surprised they're still a thing.

No more barmy than single religion schools.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

One thing I don't get is single-sex schools.  I went to one and it only recently dawned on me what a strange concept they are.  I'm surprised they're still a thing.

I did too. I think the argument used to be that hormonal teenagers concentrated on their studies better if not distracted by the opposite sex. Which begs the question: what about the gay and lesbian ones? 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On the gym body / tiny shirts - anyone else get "father and sons" adverts on their Facebook? Basically juiced up meat heads wearing 5 year kids sized shirts

Read the comments they are comedy gold 

Not seen them, thank ****.  Another thing is blokes who wear those really deep V neck tshirts that show their cleavage.  Weapons all of them.

people that make a big deal out of telling wrestling fans that wrestling is fake. It must be the only entertainment that you get same responses each time

People dont have a go at Eastenders fans or Game of Thrones for being fake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I did too. I think the argument used to be that hormonal teenagers concentrated on their studies better if not distracted by the opposite sex. Which begs the question: what about the gay and lesbian ones? 

Which leads me to someone saying he's gay to be moved to a girl school when actually being straight. Which leads me to what actually happened in Sweden in late'70's/early '80's. Up untill then homosexuality was defined as a disease (Always been unsure of the spelling of that word) which lead to loads of gay people calling in sick and stayed home from work. I'm not quite sure how it was then, but in Sweden today if you're home from work being ill you get one day without payment and then 80% for the rest of your absence. Anyway, they did this as a protest and soon it wasn't classed as a disease anymore. :) 

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people that make a big deal out of telling wrestling fans that wrestling is fake. It must be the only entertainment that you get same responses each time

People dont have a go at Eastenders fans or Game of Thrones for being fake

Yeah it's quite bizarre. 

The way they tell them as if they don't already know as well

Â