Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

People with a gym obsession. Well done, you now look like a word removed with a pinhead on huge shoulders, and can now attract the kind of women that wouldn't have been interested in you if you hadn't spent £40 a month trying to look a particular way.

Bandwagon hoppers - Stop following the crowd as soon as something seems cool when you know as soon as the week is over, you'll go back to not caring about it.

People who don't bother replying to texts when they don't want to do something you've asked. It's rude, makes you look like a clearing in the woods and I'd much rather you say 'no piss off' instead of ignoring me altogether.

People who watch soaps when it's the same storylines rehashed.

Men who go to get their hair done professionally.

Religion.

People with a gym obsession. Well done, you now look like a word removed with a pinhead on huge shoulders, and can now attract the kind of women that wouldn't have been interested in you if you hadn't spent £40 a month trying to look a particular way.

But aren't you attracted to women that look a particular way, i.e. attractive?

What about personality!

I wouldn't change myself in order to satisfy anyone

What about personality!

Yeah but that ticks the physical attraction box.

Luckily you don't have to keep your personality in shape.

This is turning into the piss you off thread :)

That's why I'm being careful to distinguish the two.

Jigsaw puzzles don't piss me off in the slightest - I just don't understand what their appeal is.

I also don't get the appeal of Morrissey, but his very existence pisses me off - so my Morrissey rants go in the other thread.

I can understand people being annoyed with those people who go to the gym and tell the whole world about it. That's annoying.

if it's their hobby and they are enthusiastic then I don't see the problem in wanting to share their passion with others

it's no different to people going on about going to watch their team play , going to the cinema , going travelling  or telling us what particular year wine they are currently drinking

After years and years of going to my local gym and never speaking to anyone I made a point of saying hello to the regular faces and putting a name to the face ... people that I  thought were just meat heads were nice blokes and keen to ask you how your training was going and offering to give you training tips or some help ...

• Like 1

Yeah but I'm more on about the people who take topless selfies in the gym and put them on facebook every time they go.

You know, the kind who seem to think a session in the gym doesn't count unless somebody knows you went.

I don't mind people being passionate about it. I completely fall into that category myself. But I don't preach about going to the gym and tell everyone how many times I've been and what I can bench (apart form the gym thread on here of course!)

• Like 1

What about personality!

You should change, you're dead boring.

• Like 1

Disagree about not changing personality. You do, the surrounding apects of who you are change as do your priorities throughout life.

I'm still the same core person I was years ago, but my intelligence has improved considerably, I'm not as lazy and I value things a lot more.

I'm still (I believe) empathetic as I always have been but at the same time I feel more comfortable about confrontation when it's needed (seeing someone being very unreasonable in public for example and telling them so).

I never used to want a career, now I definitely do, and as a result much of my evening reading and surrounding interests are in my chosen field of work.

It's important to want to change as well because when you sit down and think you know you're not perfect and never will be, but can try to improve as an individual.

Sure I still get lazy sometimes, hell I've had a chest infection and been bed bound all week watching the west wing but I mustered up enough energy to do housework and make a nice beef caaserole for the family.

Old me would have put the xbox on and ordered a £25 take away but it's not really time well spent for me anymore.

You definitely change is what I'm trying to say, it's unavoidable. Unless you live in some kind of Groundhog Day scenario

• Like 3

Â