Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Why would Sheffield United name a stand after Jesssica Ennis?!

did she play for the club and become the most capped player or top goalscorer or even win them promotion?

Baffling!

Edited by villa_shere

Why would Sheffield United name a stand after Jesssica Ennis?!

did she play for the club and become the most capped player or top goalscorer or even win them promotion?

Baffling!

It was just a crude and crass bit of marketing for them and for her, but what they both didn't realise was that she would withdraw if her sponsors didn't approve.

Dead legends are better because dead legends can't be pressured to withdraw because of some Twitter campaign.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

Other areas like Poker, sports betting is a bit different, you can consider yourself to have an edge with all the information that is available to you. I did read a report a while back though that it's impossible to win betting on Premier League football due to the odds the bookies offer. There are some good value bets to be had though, (e.g Villa to lose is usually value  :( ). Would you say stock market trading is gambling? Its pretty similar, you take the information you have and make what you think is a profitable investment.

I only  bet sports I make profit in. I know what I make profit in because I keep records of every bet and the profit/loss along with comments. Was my bet sound and I was unlucky, was my bet a bad one, was the winner of a race a horse I could have picked if I had've put more time into analysis and looked at him. Etc.. 

I don;t bet on football because where are the margins? A match has 3 outcomes, all other betting is on an event that neither team is trying to achieve like number of corners, a clean sheet when 3 goals up etc.. 

Anything you put money into with the aim of becoming richer is a "gamble" if there is a chance you'll lose some/all of it.

Incorrect, then everything is gamble. I gamble with my life when I go out into the world. Betting is pitting your opinion against anothers opinion. If you give me 9/1 odds on a horse winning this race that means you think he has a 10% chance of winning. If I think his chances are better than that I will take you up on those odds. My opinion vs yours.

Gambling is rolling a dice, playing black jack etc.. 

credit cards. 

... They are insured which means they are better to use than cash or a debit card...

Indeed.

For those doubting the protection, check out section 75 refunds:

...your credit provider must take the same responsibility a retailer does if things go wrong with a purchase.

In a nutshell...

Pay for something costing between £100 and £30,000 on credit and the provider's equally liable if something goes wrong

More on the link - including how you're covered (in full) by the credit card provider if you only pay for part of the full amount of the single item on the credit card (i.e. a deposit of more than £100 on a single item that costs up to £30k).

Edit: Obviously there are exceptions but they're also covered in that article.

Edited by snowychap

Foot fetishes. I don't understand how someone could be turned on by a part of the body which at its ideal best is simply "not gross". It's like having an ear fetish...which may also exist, for all I know.

• Like 2

Foot fetishes. I don't understand how someone could be turned on by a part of the body which at its ideal best is simply "not gross". It's like having an ear fetish...which may also exist, for all I know.

I find my loins can be stirred by almost any well-formed and well-maintained part of a lehdeh's anatomy, and feet are no exception. Having a tongue stuck into your ear (which you have taken care to clean carefully beforehand) during the throes of extended foreplay is very pleasurable as well. If your partner wears an Angela Merkel costume it also hightens the enjoyment immeasurably.

(joking about the last bit)

This x1000. I can't eat if feet appear on the TV, which they relentlessly seem to do at dinner time.

Â