Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

The "What song are you listening to right now" thread

Oh, that's easy to explain.  It's one of those types of threads (and they exist on most forums) which exists to enable users to inflate their post count.   Your opinion on Charles N'Zogbia means more if you have a high post count. 

How very cynical, Rev. I've been introduced to some very cool music from that thread.

Easily fooled and manipulated consumers. "Normally this product sells for $200, even $300!...but it could be yours for only three payments of $29.95! (Plus shipping and handling)"

Oak furniture land

"This £350 dressing table has £400 knocked off it!"

It's worth £100 at best

Everything in the store has been reduced by at least 50% to try and fool people in to thinking they are getting a bargain

Easily fooled and manipulated consumers. "Normally this product sells for $200, even $300!...but it could be yours for only three payments of $29.95! (Plus shipping and handling)"

Oak furniture land

It's worth £100 at best

Everything in the store has been reduced by at least 50% to try and fool people in to thinking they are getting a bargain

How about the DFS sale?

Sight reading music. That shit is **** ing voodoo.

I understand the theory. I can decode sheet music, laboriously, one note at a time. Then translate that - painfully slowly - to the guitar, counting the frets... try and remember it, then start again with the next note.

But there seem to be any number of alien freaks who can do it all in real time...

Witchcraft.

practise and drugs

I made myself pitch perfect as well

I can read bass/guitar music pretty well as I've had to do it a lot, but watching people read piano music off the bat, completely fluently is brilliant.

You mean the "name a song that nobody has ever heard of" thread?

Yeah, I only want to hear songs I've heard before from now on. :P  

Red wine - tastes like shit

Facebook

Reality TV

How defensive people get about mobile phones - look at the comments on every tech site article - just constant apple/ios v android arguments. Who really gives a shit?

Having children

Saying "red wine tastes like shit" is like saying "food tastes like shit".

Do you honestly think it's all the same?

I've tried numerous red wines and don't like any of them! I'd love to find one I liked - i feel as though i'm missing out on something wonderful. Like OBE and his whisky!

I wouldn't worry about it, you're saving a pretty penny

• Like 1

"Shopping Mall Boyfriends"....you know, the type of guy who has just given up entirely on having any say in the relationship and gets led around the shopping mall like a dog. I don't get those guys. Have some dignity, FFS.

• Like 2

Oak furniture land

It's worth £100 at best

How about the DFS sale?

I can't really judge the cost of sofas, shopping around it always looks like the sale price is probably their value, not sure if they use "sales" to con people in to paying inflated prices, sofas just seem ridiculously expensive

• Like 1

credit cards. 

Seriously? What is the appeal of signing up to financial death traps? Can't afford something don't buy it and be more aware of your financial reality - if this irks you then mobilise for serious social structural change instead of lying to yourself. 

Find it hard to feel sympathy for people who max out several credit cards. I guess for some it's a desperate means of staving off poverty but surely you're only going to make it worse :/ Can understanding borrowing for a house and if it's necessary a vehicle of modest costs. Everything else is just plain daft.

• Like 1

You mean the "name a song that nobody has ever heard of" thread?

Yeah, I only want to hear songs I've heard before from now on. :P

"Nobody" ;)

credit cards.

Seriously? What is the appeal of signing up to financial death traps? Can't afford something don't buy it and be more aware of your financial reality - if this irks you then mobilise for serious social structural change instead of lying to yourself.

Find it hard to feel sympathy for people who max out several credit cards. I guess for some it's a desperate means of staving off poverty but surely you're only going to make it worse :/ Can understanding borrowing for a house and if it's necessary a vehicle of modest costs. Everything else is just plain daft.

Mines for online shopping, including a good chunk of my last holiday which I was booking things through Japanese websites, might be a myth that they are more secure than your bank card

Did have one years ago as a safety net for petrol for work but that went out the window and I went nuts on it

Probably owe about £800 on my current one, interest free with another 14 months to pay it off, don't like it though, could never be comfortable with doing everything through one

Â