Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Probably already posted but I can't be arsed to check.

People who say 'can I get' in shops / pubs annoy me.

Yes I get your not getting it. People here get in taxis and say "Can I have *insert place / street here"

I generally ignore it but I do have to stop myself responding in a sarcastic manner often "I didn't know it was for sale" and similar

Foot fetishes. I don't understand how someone could be turned on by a part of the body which at its ideal best is simply "not gross". It's like having an ear fetish...which may also exist, for all I know.

This x1000. I can't eat if feet appear on the TV, which they relentlessly seem to do at dinner time.

Same.

Feet are disgusting. Men who wear flip flops or sandals anywhere other than the beach or on holiday should be slapped.

Women's feet are less offensive than men's, but still horrible.

I don't get flip flops, or should I say specifically flip flops where the post goes between your big toe and the one next to it. Just so uncomfortable

So I shouldn't comment on your post, and by extension no one should comment on any posts?

I only mean to offer you examples of (in my opinion) female rock vocalist who you may enjoy. Maybe not, but surely I'm allowed to comment?!

Don't be mean, I've hurt my foot and currently have to wear flip-flops when I go out.

They match my vest at least but I still looked a bit strange(r than usual) when I was called out in to the city early this morning.

tumblr_mciu35FJXg1rx0w5n.gif

• Like 1

Female vocalists in rock bands.

Hmmm...

Janis Joplin

Patti Smith

Debbie Harry

PJ Harvey

Tanya Donelly

Alison Mosshart

Karen O

Kathleen Hanna

I could go on.

Kim Deal!

Oh hell yeah! Hang my head in shame, for forgetting Kim!

• Like 1

So I shouldn't comment on your post, and by extension no one should comment on any posts?

I only mean to offer you examples of (in my opinion) female rock vocalist who you may enjoy. Maybe not, but surely I'm allowed to comment?!

I wasn't saying I had never heard of any female rock singers, I was saying that I don't "get" the appeal.

There was no need to try and educate me.

When women say to me "ugh, I don't get how you can watch grown men chase a ball around a field" me proceeding to list the la liga best XI isn't going to persuade them any.

I may or may not have got carried away there.

Foot fetishes. I don't understand how someone could be turned on by a part of the body which at its ideal best is simply "not gross". It's like having an ear fetish...which may also exist, for all I know.

This x1000. I can't eat if feet appear on the TV, which they relentlessly seem to do at dinner time.
Same.

Feet are disgusting. Men who wear flip flops or sandals anywhere other than the beach or on holiday should be slapped.

I don't get flip flops, or should I say specifically flip flops where the post goes between your big toe and the one next to it. Just so uncomfortable
I think flip flops are great for the beach. Slip easily on and off, don't hold onto the sand, easily washable in the water, cool (temperature I mean).

Exactly how they should be used.

But under a pair of jeans while you're at the shops? **** off.

• Like 2

Same.

I think flip flops are great for the beach. Slip easily on and off, don't hold onto the sand, easily washable in the water, cool (temperature I mean).

Exactly how they should be used.

Yeah but the ones with the post man, you walk and the sand encrusted post grinds into the space between your toes, this is worse than the problem the flip flops are used to alleviate. The ones with a big thick strap you put your whole foot into are just much better

Men who wear flip flops or sandals anywhere other than the beach or on holiday should be slapped.

tumblr_mkormqowEz1s2whrio1_500.gif

It's for medicinal purposes.

What about with a stab-proof vest and combats?

The ones with a big thick strap you put your whole foot into are just much better

gatsby-leo-051113.gif

Thank you. Although the strap is actually part of the cast on my foot but let's not split hairs.

I wasn't saying I had never heard of any female rock singers, I was saying that I don't "get" the appeal.

There was no need to try and educate me.

When women say to me "ugh, I don't get how you can watch grown men chase a ball around a field" me proceeding to list the la liga best XI isn't going to persuade them any.

I may or may not have got carried away there.

I don't think there was any conscious effort to "educate" you, I just wrote down a list of vocalists to illustrate a point, I'm not sure your women / football analogy works, as you have a knowledge of popular music, and although (evidently) don't like female rock singers, you're aware of who some of the women listed are.

Apologies if I've annoyed / upset you, I was just joining in with the discussion and that. That wasn't the intention, all I wanted to do was waste a bit of time on Villa Talk, and talk about music, films, TV, politics, and DHUTWU and shit. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Â