Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

The fact that although memory cards are dirt cheap these days they still package them in such a way that it takes 15 minutes with a jackhammer to get them out of the packet.

• Like 1

I don't get yachts.

If you mean competitive sailing with large crews of people, I'm half with you. Dicking around sailing a little boat by yourself half drunk an a quiet scenic lake at sunset is pretty fun, though.

Competitive swimming is something I don't get. All that training and cold water just so you can swim fast?

Sportswear. Why do people pay for branded t-shirts (etc.) made of plastic fibres that look crap and get smelly very quickly because of the plastic. Why not wear a nice cotton t-shirt or something? You can even wear one that shows something of your personality, if you have one.

I for one am glad they do. It keeps me in big houses, fancy cars and nice shoes ;)

And if you're worried about stink, you need to go to lululemon.com and invest in a Metalvent Tech Tee. Guaranteed anti-stink for life.

/advert

• Like 1

Red wine - tastes like shit

Facebook 

Reality TV

How defensive people get about mobile phones - look at the comments on every tech site article - just constant apple/ios v android arguments. Who really gives a shit?

Having children

gambling/betting

Seriously? What's not to get?

Everything. Thanks to CED for reminding me of another of my "don't get"s.

No appeal for me whatsoever. If I've got a tenner I'd rather spend it on something I want rather than throw it away on the slim chance of getting a win.

• Like 1

Facebook

Reality TV

How defensive people get about mobile phones - look at the comments on every tech site article - just constant apple/ios v android arguments. Who really gives a shit?

Having children

Saying "red wine tastes like shit" is like saying "food tastes like shit".

Do you honestly think it's all the same?

Sight reading music. That shit is **** ing voodoo.

I understand the theory. I can decode sheet music, laboriously, one note at a time. Then translate that - painfully slowly - to the guitar, counting the frets... try and remember it, then start again with the next note.

But there seem to be any number of alien freaks who can do it all in real time...

Witchcraft.

practise and drugs

I made myself pitch perfect as well

• Like 2

People who have famous people on their t shirts and not knowing who they are.

Seriously if you wear a jimmi Hendrix t shirt and I ask you what you favourite tracks are and you say "favourite tracks by who?".

Pyramids were underwhelming for me. Graffiti and litter all over the place. You turn around and less than 250 metres away you have colonel sanders and Pizza Hut glaring down at you.

Petra now that's impressive!

Gardening - seriously surely only old people do this because they have time to kill. I only do it becAuse it would be a jungle otherwise, would quite happily pay for a gardener.

Facebook

Reality TV

Having children

Saying "red wine tastes like shit" is like saying "food tastes like shit".

Do you honestly think it's all the same?

I've tried numerous red wines and don't like any of them! I'd love to find one I liked - i feel as though i'm missing out on something wonderful. Like OBE and his whisky!

Fighting.

Going out looking for a scrap, getting an adrenaline rush out of it.

Utterly beyond me.

True, and just being a word removed in general. I often wonder whether they were naturally born a word removed and can do nothing about it or if it's something they just learn over the years. I don't get it if it's the latter, it seems a lot of effort for no real benefit.

Seriously if you wear a jimmi Hendrix t shirt and I ask you what you favourite tracks are and you say "favourite tracks by who?".

Pyramids were underwhelming for me. Graffiti and litter all over the place. You turn around and less than 250 metres away you have colonel sanders and Pizza Hut glaring down at you.

Gardening - seriously surely only old people do this because they have time to kill. I only do it becAuse it would be a jungle otherwise, would quite happily pay for a gardener.

I was lucky enough to see the pyramids in 1984 and back then it was nothing like that

I went back in 2012 and it was a little sad to see the rubbish but they are still bloody awesome ... Little bit more of s squeeze going up inside them in 2012 , can only assume they've shrunk and not that I've put tonnes of weight on :(

Petra again my first visit totally non commercial , now they have shops by the treasury and place poxy camels in such a way that it's hard to get a full in shot of the building without them being in the way

But I guess I can't as a tourist moan about other tourists ruining places very well can I :)

Spanish Castle Magic. :) 

• Like 1

Â