Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

How it's become super cool to hate things and make it known that you hate it, and not just let people get on with what they like. "I hate shit, unoriginal shows like X Factor and Gogglebox... Oh.. But did you catch The Apprentice last night?".. Or.."Down with Starbucks! No to expensive coffee shops full of hipsters!... But, check out my new £400 iPhone that none of the hipsters have". Just get a life and let people enjoy what they like, I say.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

How it's become super cool to hate things and make it known that you hate it, and not just let people get on with what they like. "I hate shit, unoriginal shows like X Factor and Gogglebox... Oh.. But did you catch The Apprentice last night?".. Or.."Down with Starbucks! No to expensive coffee shops full of hipsters!... But, check out my new £400 iPhone that none of the hipsters have". Just get a life and let people enjoy what they like, I say.

There is absolutely nothing new about that.

Just about everyone I have known over the years reduces their assessment of just about everything to either 'I like it' or 'It's shit!'.

Self-lobotomy is very much de rigueur in this age of education, education, education.

Now that pisses me off.  

• Like 1

I hate this post.......

• Like 1

There's nothing new about it, but with social media as big as its ever been, I'd say it's become 'cooler' to do it, because you can now have your opinion read by tens/hundreds/more in an instant.

There's nothing new about it, but with social media as big as its ever been, I'd say it's become 'cooler' to do it, because you can now have your opinion read by tens/hundreds/more in an instant.

IMHO

The reason it is the preferred form of critique and always has been, is that it is safe - if someone reveals absolutely nothing about why something is shit or they like it, there is no risk.

So you get to assert an opinion but with absolutely no comeback.

It is understandable that callow youth might wish to avoid the derision of their peers but some people never grow out of it.

Foot fetishes. I don't understand how someone could be turned on by a part of the body which at its ideal best is simply "not gross". It's like having an ear fetish...which may also exist, for all I know.

This x1000. I can't eat if feet appear on the TV, which they relentlessly seem to do at dinner time.
Yep, totally this. Feet are revolting.

Foot fetishes. I don't understand how someone could be turned on by a part of the body which at its ideal best is simply "not gross". It's like having an ear fetish...which may also exist, for all I know.

This x1000. I can't eat if feet appear on the TV, which they relentlessly seem to do at dinner time.
Yep, totally this. Feet are revolting.

These ones aren't

Dh1ibVU.jpg

I like a lady's feet to be slender, tanned, soft and well-maintained. The toes should be of medium length and slightly curly. MMmmmmm.

But before I'm accused of being a fetishist, there's also:

Backs: The straighter the better, a suggestion of muscle here and there, tanned. Yum.

Shoulders: Broad-ish, not muscular, but more muscular than flabby, tanned. Grrrr.

Upper Arms: See shoulders.

Calves: Muscular, tanned, slim ankles. Thl-thl-thl-thl.

Probably already posted but I can't be arsed to check.

People who say 'can I get' in shops / pubs annoy me.

Yes, yes, yes. This.

Although it belongs in the piss you off thread, not this one.

• Like 1

Same.

Feet are disgusting. Men who wear flip flops or sandals anywhere other than the beach or on holiday should be slapped.

Women's feet are less offensive than men's, but still horrible.

• Like 2

Â