Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I don't get the arcane voodoo magic that occured between Kirsten Dunst and Leslie Mann.

I mean I can't prove that there was anything other worldly going on but it's a huge coincidence that Dunst went from being probably the hottest woman on the planet in Bring it On and Spiderman to very suddenly being decidedly average around 2005.

Leslie Mann was a nondescript Hollywood comedy actress in her mid 20s who you'd barely remember from Cable Guy, George of the Jungle and Big Daddy then was suddenly a 15/10 god-tier supermilf from 40 year old virgin onwards. And she's only gotten better since then.

Someone cast some sort of spell

Credit cards are only financial death traps if you abuse them.

Used responsibly they're incredibly useful.

Which is exactly how the card issuer don't want you to use them.
Well, that depends.

credit cards. 

Seriously? What is the appeal of signing up to financial death traps? Can't afford something don't buy it and be more aware of your financial reality - if this irks you then mobilise for serious social structural change instead of lying to yourself. 

Find it hard to feel sympathy for people who max out several credit cards. I guess for some it's a desperate means of staving off poverty but surely you're only going to make it worse :/ Can understanding borrowing for a house and if it's necessary a vehicle of modest costs. Everything else is just plain daft.

Credit cards are brilliant but like everything you have to respect them and exploit them to your own advantage. 

I've got about £6k on a credit card at the moment, but its at 0% on everything so it is basically free money and what I repay every month clears the debt. (I also overpay on the minimum) - when my 0% deal ends I either get a new one move on and close the old account or call them chuck a hissy fit and get the rate restored. The repayments on a bank loan for £6k would be about double what I currently pay and  most of if is interest anyway. 

I also get 3% cash back on purchases so I end up getting given money for stuff I would have done anyway. 

Better than a bank account when used properly. 

Fake boobs. I find them desperate and a bit gross looking.

Especially the ones that are so huge that they look like over inflated balloons or those are like a proper circle. Much prefer natural.

Although I had an ex with fake tits and I'd never have known if it weren't for the small scars. Perky and delicious they were....but not the ridiculous Pamela Anderson jobs. 

Because once that 0% period is up they want you to stay with them and start paying the interest, amongst other things.

If you're sensible you can spend your whole time paying more or less no interest by transferring the balance onto a new card each time.

They make money from fees charged for transferring that balance too.

• Like 1

Why would anybody give a 0% credit card?

Because the CC companies know that people aren't very disciplined and will run up bills that will eventually result in interest being charged.... and people are too lazy to move once the promo has finished. 

Its a loss leader.... if they didn't make ££ as a result, they wouldn't do it. 

• Like 2

I have my credit-card connected to a airline bonus program. I do my regular shopping on it and I pay the bill every month so no interest prayed. Ive used it for 1 month and already have a free flight within the nordic countries. What's not to like?

Why would anybody give a 0% credit card?

they get a fee from the store when you use the card so even at 0% they still make something on every purchase ... of course they make far more when someone rings up 5K of debt and can't pay it back  

Edited by tonyh29

I have my credit-card connected to a airline bonus program. I do my regular shopping on it and I pay the bill every month so no interest prayed. Ive used it for 1 month and already have a free flight within the nordic countries. What's not to like?

it's free apart from the huge chunk of airport tax you have to pay   ...

I do the same on my Amex (British Airways)  ,using 2 free tickets next month to go to Israel  ( free + a hefty chunk of airport tax that is)

• Like 1

Â