Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Not to everyone's taste ( i.e. people with no taste won't like it :) ), but here's one of the finest example of a rock band using female vocals to good effect, and in a very rock 'n roll kind of way:

That'll be me with 'no taste', then.

I bought that album quite recently, having heard how great it was.

I thought it was utter, utter shite. I actually chucked it in the bin, terrible album.

Sorry, I can't even look at you right now.

Ah come on...

200.gif

ok, I've just discovered you can watch this gif and it's close enough to get weird when listening to Johnny Cash, Personal Jesus. It syncs up quite well.

• Like 2

Feet are disgusting. Men who wear flip flops or sandals anywhere other than the beach or on holiday should be slapped.

Uh oh. To be fair, Israel is on the Mediterranean and I am not from here. I'm not even Jewish.

From 'Rogues Gallery':

Is this the thread where we post pictures of ourselves and then people make fun of them?

1374729_10201205934723285_49935487_n.jpg

I went to Nazareth not too long ago and we found puppies. All the animals in Israel are free range. You'll see a dog walk by and it's like, "Where is your owner? Who do you belong to?" It's weird to me as a Westerner, but it's also kind of awesome.

• Like 1

Not to everyone's taste ( i.e. people with no taste won't like it :) ), but here's one of the finest example of a rock band using female vocals to good effect, and in a very rock 'n roll kind of way:

I thought it was utter, utter shite. I actually chucked it in the bin, terrible album.

Wow, to me that is crazy! How many listens did you give it?

One, of course! Couldn't sit through that again.

Ha, do you not think maybe you were being a bit hasty? I have an image of you patiently listening to it all the way through, ejecting the CD and calmly frisbeeing it straight into the bin.

• Like 1

Oh right. Its the only pixies song I've ever heard.

Bet it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrdpliMfoAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvi4iA3PnKE

I'd be amazed if you'd never heard at least one of those, if not all.

EDIT - Can you only post two videos in one post? It won't let me post Monkey Gone to Heaven :(

Edited by Ginko

Ha, do you not think maybe you were being a bit hasty? I have an image of you patiently listening to it all the way through, ejecting the CD and calmly frisbeeing it straight into the bin.
Yep. Exactly that.

Â