Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Why the British public are happy to be subdued and let the government and those who control us actually get away with it. We are suckers. We have the power to all just say "**** off", but as long as we can still watch Gogglebox and order a pizza from our phones who really gives a ****? We can just moan on facebook instead.

BTW I realise I'm just as guilty, its something I don't get about myself also. I guess its thinking one man on his own cant make a difference so why try. We are a weird species.

• Like 1

The appeal of the music of Nick Cave, sound so bland.

Never heard of him..

I had to google his name thinking I'd spelt it wrong or something. Not the that I spend ages trying to 'get' why people like him, as I say just sounds a bit bland to me.

Edited by useless

Why the British public are happy to be subdued and let the government and those who control us actually get away with it. We are suckers. We have the power to all just say "**** off", but as long as we can still watch Gogglebox and order a pizza from our phones who really gives a ****? We can just moan on facebook instead.

BTW I realise I'm just as guilty, its something I don't get about myself also. I guess its thinking one man on his own cant make a difference so why try. We are a weird species.

Join anonymous and hack some shit.

You mean the "name a song that nobody has ever heard of" thread?

That's cos you're watching too much telly :)

The appeal of the music of Nick Cave, sound so bland.

Aye, he resides in Drab Valley. I don't dislike him though, it's not like he's a prick, he's just dull.

A lot of my mates think he's the second coming.

One of them has the hand written lyrics to some song or other framed on the wall. God knows what that cost?

• Like 1

Looking on google images looks like tattoos of him/his lyrics are really popular, I've seen quite few people around recently with Nick Cave T-Shirts as well, must have a good marketing team behind him. I did like that movie he was in though 'Wings of Desire' which I found out about from reading this forum.

I'm a big fan of Cave, but I can understand why he wouldn't be to some people's taste. I've never considered that people might find him dull though. It's all very subjective though I suppose. Also I've heard so much good stuff on the recommendations of usless and Xann, so I can allow them to be wrong on this one! ;)  

• Like 1

I don't get how anyone could find Nick Cave's music "bland". In my realm it's nine o'clock on ITV and I really just don't get that at all.

I can get people not liking his music, but bland?

He writes great lyrics and has done for years. Before that he wrote drug fuelled craziness lyrics - "Release the Bats"

He covers murder and higgs bosons and monkeys and snakes and Greek legends and Satan and love and absence and ageing and youth and sex and ...well everything really.

His lyrics are funny and poignant and angry and tender and...

Xann's mates are right.

• Like 2

Â