Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

doesn't matter if it's a placebo

if it works, it works

personally, I can get high / roll away / project or whatever you want to describe it as with repetitive music

I find it a bit addictive, looking for the next one that hits the mark

• Like 1

On 04/09/2016 at 13:11, Rugeley Villa said:

Same here. The wife likes it but it does nowt for me. The same with sexy underwear and all that dressing up. I just like them naked with high heels on.

Why cover up those gorgeous toes?

I love a bit of bondage. S&M, dom and sub, any which way. Love it. I don't really understand why people don't, it's great fun. If I was famous I'd be caught in some undercover Daily Sport journalist scandal dressed as an ISIS operative with a cucumber shoved up my arse in no time.

(Edit - to think I'm probably on an NSA watch list now, for this post)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

So it seems the new Transformers movie is filming just over the water down here in Portsmouth.  The filming is literally a 5 minute walk away followed by a short 5 minute hop on the "Gosport Ferry" from my home.  It's interesting but filming a Hollywood blockbuster in Gosport? WHYYYYYY?!

6 minutes ago, trekka said:

So it seems the new Transformers movie is filming just over the water down here in Portsmouth.  The filming is literally a 5 minute walk away followed by a short 5 minute hop on the "Gosport Ferry" from my home.  It's interesting but filming a Hollywood blockbuster in Gosport? WHYYYYYY?!

It's because everything looks futuristic against the Isle of Wight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

They've been filming a Speilberg sci fi movie in recent weeks up here. Jewellery Quarter and Spaghetti Junction doubling up as a futuristic dystopian hellhole! 

2 hours ago, trekka said:

Is it a particularly green area ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Star wars, I really don't get why everyone goes apeshit over this load of old bollocks.

Why does anyone like anything? Other films, books, music, TV shows, football clubs?

It's a combination of things. Story, setting, FX, characters, music, merchandise, being a kid when I first watched them, leading to the nostalgia value. 

Personally on a very simple level, the films entertain me. It's a very old, familiar, and simple story (Boy goes on a quest, meets a wizard, picks up some new friends on the way, and rescues a Princess from a bad man). The special FX were so ahead of their time. That first scene, where the spaceship comes in from the top of the screen blew my mind. The toys had a lot to do with it for me too. To this day, one of my favourite Christmas memories is opening up the box containing an X-Wing Fighter. I could have pissed, I was that excited. The hours I spent watching those films again and again, in my Nan & Grandad's front room, with my Cousin. I watched it so many times, that when ever a film came on TV with the 20th Century Fox fanfare, I always thought it was going to be Star Wars.

I guess you just had to be the right age, at the right time.

• Like 4

And to combine the 2 posts above (page break, fantastic).  I think making a load more Star Wars films devalues the franchise, although I speak as someone who isn't really into them.  Maybe I'm wrong.

If anyone gets random likes from a year ago, it's because I didn't realise I was reading posts from October 2015. It only dawned on me when people were talking about Karl Pilkington's new show and I couldn't find it.

Things seemed a lot more friendly back then :(

On 26/09/2016 at 22:23, chrisp65 said:

I've got two kids. One can have my Barclaycard bill, the other can have my Amex bill.

I'm happy to be buried in the garden or put out with the food waste. Not overly bothered, I'll be dead.

I'm keeping the pen.

Without any doubt at all, i would rank driving in Gloucester and especially Cheltenham as a more competitive / aggressive / stressful experience than anywhere else i have lived around the UK. Hands down, and have no idea why. Which brings me to my point, WHAT I DONT GET is

1- why people tailgate the car in front so closely, instead of overtaking (if they're that bothered to go quicker why not just go around)

2- why people here drive like crazy with with kids in the back...or a missus that's fine with that too

3- if driving with one hand held in a clenched fist fashion on the top of the wheel makes the car go quicker, or the driver harder :ph34r:

• Like 3

Â