Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Without any doubt at all, i would rank driving in Gloucester and especially Cheltenham as a more competitive / aggressive / stressful experience than anywhere else i have lived around the UK. Hands down, and have no idea why. Which brings me to my point, WHAT I DONT GET is

1- why people tailgate the car in front so closely, instead of overtaking (if they're that bothered to go quicker why not just go around)

2- why people here drive like crazy with with kids in the back...or a missus that's fine with that too

3- if driving with one hand held in a clenched fist fashion on the top of the wheel makes the car go quicker, or the driver harder :ph34r:

It may or may not be directly related to intelligence which may or may not be related to the lack of diversity in the gene pool around there.

Why are 'gourmet' burgers in pubs now served on anything but a plate. Wooden boards, pieces of slate, wicker baskets, etc.

"Would you like anything else with your meal sir?"- yes, a friggin' plate to eat it off, chief. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Why are 'gourmet' burgers in pubs now served on anything but a plate. Wooden boards, pieces of slate, wicker baskets, etc.

"Would you like anything else with your meal sir?"- yes, a friggin' plate to eat it off, chief. 

How else are they going to charge you fifteen quid for a chilled, pre-prepared horse-burger, made by minimum-wage workers, in a freezing warehouse owned by Unilever, if they serve the thing on a plate?

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I have never eaten a Burger that is better than a BK Whopper anywhere anyway.  

XL bacon double cheeseburger, the only worthwhile burger from BK :D

I cannot ever try it,  thought about it but helaas pinder kaas (Dutch for that's the way it goes involving peanut butter ffs) I cannot ever take the step.  It is the dark side,  the pull is strong i admit.  The pictures make it look very tasty indeed but early teachings and training mean my path is chosen,  it was chosen millennia ago I suppose.  The dark days,  where war was uncivilised and the toys were non existent and a happy meal was a fable talked about in deep dark corners of the local tavern.  Wimpy ruled and Birmingham had never seen the like.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have never eaten a Burger that is better than a BK Whopper anywhere anyway.  

I know its overpriced but Five Guys burgers are nice. 

• Like 1

Thread; Things you don't get.

The Kardashians, their relevance to the news, their fame, that people here aspire to them, follow them on social media. I don't get it.

I do get, that theyre a narcissistic fame hungry bunch who thrive on the spotlight, PR manipulation and have forged a very profitable "career" out of it. But as above, what the jesus f--- has this got to do with anybodys lives over here, or in the states. They're like royalty to some. Will they ever fade away, become irrelevant... I don't think so. When you hear "normal" people at work talking about them, see a bus go past with a poster for their show or something they're plugging... just wonder what is the agenda here?

This post could be 6 screens long. You are lucky I am tired and don't want to punch the laptop typing this.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I know its overpriced but Five Guys burgers are nice. 

They've just opened a shop over here. I just have this feeling I'll be underwhelmed and it'll be like Nandos where I pay a small fortune for absolutely bang average grub that I could've got nearly anywhere. But I'll probably still go once just to make sure :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

They've just opened a shop over here. I just have this feeling I'll be underwhelmed and it'll be like Nandos where I pay a small fortune for absolutely bang average grub that I could've got nearly anywhere. But I'll probably still go once just to make sure :)

It's quality grub, imo the best high street burger you can get. 

Btw, make sure you ask for regular fries because they give you a shit load regardless.

Â