Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

I'd be slightly nervous about bringing in a manager from abroad mid-season. I'd take Moyes now, but I'm not sure the other options are worth the risk.

Obviously we need to pick up some more results but a draw yesterday was OK under the circumstances, and we were unlucky against Spurs. Next week will be tough but we then have a pretty kind run of fixtures and they'll probably decide whether I'm still backing the manager in 2015.

• Like 1

I cant see lambert being sacked for the time being. As he has frequently pointed out we've played the toughest teams of last season one after the other, contended with key injuries, mass sickness and suspension in that time.

I suppose, no one expected us to get anything from those games (barring qpr)and if those results were spread across the season instead in a block would we be moaning as much.

Lambert has certainly lost a lot of the fanbase but results over the next 5-6 fixtures could amend some of the damage.

It hasn't been pretty but it could easily get a lot better.

As for pulis or mclaren, its a no from me.

• Like 4

Apart from a Man Utd game thrown in, our next games are Southampton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Baggies, Swansea, Sunderland, Crystal Palace & Leicester. If we were ever going to get a new manager in, now would be the ideal point of the season! (not that I think we will).

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood anyone, even for a boost, got Tottenham playing better than pochettino.

I'd rather see Lambert sign a 20 year contract than replace him with Sherwood.

There are plenty managers out there who would do better with us than Lambert.

Tim Sherwood is not one of them.

but he is Arry's mate and loved by idiots like Jeff Stelling on Sky. Why wouldnt we want him :P

If we loose to Southampton and Burnley then the pressure would be on to change the manager.

If I jumped out of an aeroplane at 30,000ft without a parachute, my chances of living to talk about it would be very slim.

If we loose to Southampton and Burnley then the pressure would be on to change the manager. 

Southampton are having a storming season, so losing to them won't come as a surprise or have a bearing on whether or not he stays in charge,

Losing to Burnley would be inexcusable and diabolical, but even then I think Lambert is bulletproof. I really can't see him going anywhere even if he relegates us.

Southampton are having a storming season, so losing to them won't come as a surprise or have a bearing on whether or not he stays in charge,

Losing to Burnley would be inexcusable and diabolical, but even then I think Lambert is bulletproof. I really can't see him going anywhere even if he relegates us.

Im not sure I thing it will depend on the manner of the defeats. I fully expect us lose both games the Southampton one quite comfortably

Apart from a Man Utd game thrown in, our next games are Southampton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Baggies, Swansea, Sunderland, Crystal Palace & Leicester. If we were ever going to get a new manager in, now would be the ideal point of the season! (not that I think we will).

I would say now is the ideal time to stick with Lambert, some ideal games to get points on the board and make people realise their hysterics were really not necessary.

• Like 1

I would say now is the ideal time to stick with Lambert, some ideal games to get points on the board and make people realise their hysterics were really not necessary.

I'd split the difference.

Give him until Christmas so he can have the front end of that run.

If things improve and we can recapture the form of the first few games then we can stick with him.

If performances continue to be unacceptable, then we can get rid at xmas and get a new manager in with a whole window to play with plus a few of those fixtures left to get off to a good start.

But, fwiw, I don't think that will happen. I think Lambert is here until relegation is a serious issue.

If wanting Lambert out now is hysterics what was it when we wanted McLeish gone?

• Like 2

If wanting Lambert out now is hysterics what was it when we wanted McLeish gone?

Hysterics.

• Like 1

If watching 2.5 years of dire unimaginative football hasn't tested peoples patience and is deemed hystrical then our reaction to McLeish mustseem like us acting like Bonnie Langford from Just William skreeching 'I' scream and scream until I'm sick' everytime she wanted her own way? (under 40's may have to google that one).

• Like 1

At least when people wanted Mcleish out it had realistic chance of happening. With Lambert right now the circumstances are completely different. He won't be going anywhere unless things get drastically worse than they are now, and none of us want that to happen.

• Like 1

I'm increasingly not fussed about wanting Lambert out, I wouldn't be upset to see him go as that new manager bounce might see us over the line - what I am fussed about is the expectations people have on the type of manager we'd be able to go out and get to see out the end of the season - I think that's what we're looking at here, someone to see out the season so that Randy can get the club sold - then we can look at a proper manager, someone to rebuild the club under new ownership, someone with a four year plan and a style they want to put into the club. For now though, we're looking for someone who doesn't mind only being here a few months and would lift the place - we need presence almost as much as ability - I think Cowans could fill the gap but I don't think he has the presence, Laursen would be ideal I think. Do you think we could persuade Brian Little to pull on his claret and blue cape for a few months?

As crazy as it sounds if things got real bad and Lambert had to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if O'neill came back as a temp manager, presuming it's true about him and Lerner making up. Other than that I think it'd be at best someone like Owen Coyle or Hughton, who despite the prospect of new owners might at least see it as an opportunity to put saving Aston Villa from relegation on their CV.

Â