Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Just please god not Tony ******* Pulis

To be honest, that is my exact thought on Paul Lambert right now.
No reason to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire though to be fair.

No, but there are other options out there.

I think I'd just take a hiatus from following the club if we ever hired Tony Pulis. There's only so much one can take after three years of McLeish and Lambert.

I don't think Lambert should be sacked right now, but this post reminds me of the days when people complained about the possibility of hiring McLaren and ultimately got McLeish. 

I think I'd just take a hiatus from following the club if we ever hired Tony Pulis. There's only so much one can take after three years of McLeish and Lambert.

I don't think Lambert should be sacked right now, but this post reminds me of the days when people complained about the possibility of hiring McLaren and ultimately got McLeish.

For a moment last night I wished we had McLeish back, just a moment.

I'm with you all the way Isa . **** Tony Pullis , and his primitive football , as I've said in the past if he was any good he'd still be at Stoke .

It's this long term thinking that we all fall into.

We all want our next manager to be the guy who wins the league for us.

But it's not going to happen.

If Lambert gets sacked, imo the only scenario will be if we are in serious danger of relegation.

If we are in that scenario then we will be in no position to turn our nose up at Pulis because we don't like his football.

He'd keep us up and probably drag us up to mid table.

The key would be to then replace Pulis before we stagnate. See how Southampton have done it with Adkins, and not how Stoke did it with Pulis, where they probably held onto him for a season or two too long.

• Like 2

I'm with you all the way Isa . **** Tony Pullis , and his primitive football , as I've said in the past if he was any good he'd still be at Stoke .

If Lambert gets sacked, imo the only scenario will be if we are in serious danger of relegation.

If we are in that scenario then we will be in no position to turn our nose up at Pulis because we don't like his football.

He'd keep us up and probably drag us up to mid table.The problem being : your not the chairman .

The key would be to then replace Pulis before we stagnate. See how Southampton have done it with Adkins, and not how Stoke did it with Pulis, where they probably held onto him for a season or two too long.

He'd keep us up and probably drag us up to mid table.The problem being : your not the chairman .

Sorry Stevo my computer literacy is in the remedial category . Still I hope you found my hidden post .

I think it will be Tony Pullis, at this moment in time I would take that all day long. What he did with Stoke and Palace cannot be ignored. In the short to mid term I'd be happy with him.

Im really bothered about the brand of football at the moment, I'd be perfectly happy with some points on the board a few home wins and a team that was organised and actually looked like they had a game plan

• Like 4

I think it will be Tony Pullis, at this moment in time I would take that all day long. What he did with Stoke and Palace cannot be ignored. In the short to mid term I'd be happy with him.

Im really bothered about the brand of football at the moment, I'd be perfectly happy with some points on the board a few home wins and a team that was organised and actually looked like they had a game plan

Extra like this post for being sensible.

What we need first and foremost is organisation and playing to our strengths.

Last year Crystal Palace under Pulis were not at all like Stoke under Pulis. The main thing was though he took the side that he inherited and got them playing together as a team and it was that dull and boring either.

There's no point thinking over years because if Lerner wants to sell then things will change but if we can do that from a stable basis all the better and that's what Pulis will give you!

Bringing in Pulis would have me questioning whether I want to continue putting myself through this week in week out far more than sticking with Lambert would and believe me, Every Monday I tell myself no more but something keeps dragging me back.

Pulis would definitely push me closer to the edge.

• Like 2

Is Pulis the stand-out manager we can ever hope to attract, though......the best of the rest?

ATM, I think he probably is and you could maybe throw Moyes into the same pot. I'm just not convinced they could do much better.

Â