Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Bringing in Pulis would have me questioning whether I want to continue putting myself through this week in week out far more than sticking with Lambert would and believe me, Every Monday I tell myself no more but something keeps dragging me back.

Pulis would definitely push me closer to the edge.

Well don't let the door smack you where the good Lord cracked you?

Pulis would have to be a short term appointment and no more.

IF IF IF Lambert were to go,  and it is a possibility in more ways than the one,  then I have a very strong suspicion it would be Pullis and he is a short term appointment and that really is not the direction we should be going in

Short termism kills any hope of developing success at a club it really does as a manager comes in changes things to his way his players then goes and a new bloke has to come in and start all over again.  Sure it isnt so bad at mega rich clubs that can attract the best talent regardless but at a club like us it will be a disaster.

Love the people "plumping" for Moyes or Klinsmann or Klopp ,  like theya re going to come to us.

If it happens in the next few weeks it will be Pullis.  Thread over

• Like 3

Pulis would have to be a short term appointment and no more.

IF IF IF Lambert were to go,  and it is a possibility in more ways than the one,  then I have a very strong suspicion it would be Pullis and he is a short term appointment and that really is not the direction we should be going in

Short termism kills any hope of developing success at a club it really does as a manager comes in changes things to his way his players then goes and a new bloke has to come in and start all over again.  Sure it isnt so bad at mega rich clubs that can attract the best talent regardless but at a club like us it will be a disaster.

Love the people "plumping" for Moyes or Klinsmann or Klopp ,  like theya re going to come to us.

If it happens in the next few weeks it will be Pullis.  Thread over

But our esteemed owner wants out and would be protecting his investment in the short term only! There's no point appointing long term if someone buys us and wants to bring in their own man? Short term safety is fine and if that means Pulis then fine!

Bringing in Pulis would have me questioning whether I want to continue putting myself through this week in week out far more than sticking with Lambert would and believe me, Every Monday I tell myself no more but something keeps dragging me back.

Pulis would definitely push me closer to the edge.

Well don't let the door smack you where the good Lord cracked you?

Hmmmm, I'm assuming you misread my post.

Takeover any time soon delboy?

Regardless of that though I have said Pullis will be short term and it will damage the club, AGAIN.

Graham Taylor seems incredibly keen according to another thread on this site.

Whether he lets Lambert keep his job and scout Holland remains to be seen.

• Like 2

Regardless of that though I have said Pullis will be short term and it will damage the club,  AGAIN.

Well that's the biggest problem we have at the club is the idiot in charge at the very top. I see no sale of the club any time soon which is worrying! We can only hope that someone is interetsed next summer.

However I don't see how Pulis would be more damaging than holding on to the faint glimmer that Lambert may turn things around.

Regardless of that though I have said Pullis will be short term and it will damage the club,  AGAIN.

Well that's the biggest problem we have at the club is the idiot in charge at the very top. I see no sale of the club any time soon which is worrying! We can only hope that someone is interetsed next summer.

Agree 110%

Took out the bit I dont agree with ;-)

I think Tony Pulis is the best man available to sort out this mess on a short term basis, all being well and proves his salt, offer the man an extended contract.

We have no real other solution right now and out there stands an unemployed manager who has shown what he can do. Just look at palace! They where nailed on for the drop and no hope in hell of survival.

He will get this current squad firing no problem and believe me, the real deadwood would get shifted straight away.

I never thought I'd say this but after seeing how he managed Palace last season Pulis would be a good option given our current state.

Unemployed with Midlands connections too and I'm sure he'd be interested.

At least we'd stop shipping goals, even if it wouldn't be the most exciting football.

the only thing with pulis he would be improve the woeful home form that lamberts installed into the side. i cannot wait for the day when sides dread coming to villa park like they did at stoke under him. but for me another walker like mon do we really want that again?

I think Tony Pulis is the best man available to sort out this mess on a short term basis, all being well and proves his salt, offer the man an extended contract.

We have no real other solution right now and out there stands an unemployed manager who has shown what he can do. Just look at palace! They where nailed on for the drop and no hope in hell of survival.

He will get this current squad firing no problem and believe me, the real deadwood would get shifted straight away.

I don't want that dinosaur anywhere near my club.

• Like 1

Maybe not villalad, but there is no real ideal replacement suitable to take us forward as they are all employed.

Tony Pulis is a no brainer as is currently the best ideal replacement there is at this time. He had sod all to spend at Palace when he took over, got them deeply out the shit with existing players and saved the club from relegation.

It is okay saying 'oh, he walked out of Palace', 'I don't want that quitter at this club' but you have to think about the logics of it.

When a manager - Tony Pulis - comes to a club in deep shit and does them a massive favour saving them millions of pounds by not getting them relegated and claws the team to safety from being certified to relegation using the mediocre players that are available.

That same manager has an ambition to recruit stronger names to kick on and take the club places the following season and beyond.

Unfortunately when the people at the top don't share that same ambition for {{whatever reason}} and fail in there attempts to improve the team then you have a general idea next season is going to be very long and not so lucky next time round in avoiding relegation perhaps.

The manager then has a choice, carry on with this pointless exercise ahead of him with no improvement added or seek a fresh challenge elsewhere with a team that does have ambition?, holding his head high adding to his credentials.

It's like walking into Asda knowing there is no food to buy, yet still carry on and walk round the isles anyway, knowing there is a host of other stores where they can help you for what your looking for!

I feel Pulis was right to walk away when he did and I will say he is a manager who takes no nonsense nor would make a habbit walking out on clubs.

TP would be able to work within a budget in the short term here (what lambert has been handed) but buying grafters, getting better results than what we have been lately and definitely concrete us as a midtable team with what we already have at our disposal (and that's without Delph & Vlaar)

It would all depend on up coming results and whether PL remains in charge and if AVFC see Pulis as the next man to carry the torch and if TP see's AVFC as a good challenge for him too.

Personally for now I wouldn't begrudge TP being the next manager in charge and I would allow him at least a season and a half to show what he can do and we go agai...    sorry, and we go from there.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â