Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

The problem with Pulis, is that he wouldn't want a short term contract. He'd sign a 3 year contract and then we'd be stuck with his terrible football until Randy sold us. I reckon I would then go off football completely. 5 seasons battling relegation and then our 'silver lining' is hoofball with the prat in the cap, buying rough, loathsome players like Huth and Walters? At least under Lambert we occasionally (if rarely) get the ball down and try to pass it around. I want us to bring in someone who can instill a bit of faith in us again! If Southampton can find a Pochettino why can't we?

• Like 3

Keane wont take over as boss. He has already stated that if his dedication to Ireland starts to suffer in terms of results, he will walk from Villa.

He's said that whilst in the position if Assistant Manager. His dedication to Ireland may change if he's offer the managers job.

I suppose it depends whether you prefer points to entertainment.

You may get more of the former with pulis but I don't care. The football would be crap and we would go nowhere under him.

I would rather go nowhere watching something worth seeing, or appoint another Lambert - a lower league up and coming - and give him the chance to succeed where lambo hasn't.

The problem with Pulis, is that he wouldn't want a short term contract. He'd sign a 3 year contract and then we'd be stuck with his terrible football until Randy sold us. I reckon I would then go off football completely. 5 seasons battling relegation and then our 'silver lining' is hoofball with the prat in the cap, buying rough, loathsome players like Huth and Walters? At least under Lambert we occasionally (if rarely) get the ball down and try to pass it around. I want us to bring in someone who can instill a bit of faith in us again! If Southampton can find a Pochettino why can't we?

We've had terrible football for years and at least with Pulis there would be a bit of fight in the team, unlike under Lambert

It says something about how we have fallen that a lot of people would take Pulis now than continue with Lambert

FWIW my choice would be Steve McClaren. 

I'd take McLaren too, but Pulis is more anti-football than Lambert, in my opinion, and that's why I wouldn't want him. Yes, Pulis gets results, but I genuinely think I would end up cancelling my ST if we had him in charge. I couldn't stand Stoke when he was in charge, and they were my preferred team to get relegated every season.

McClaren is inconsistant. His record shows that just because he is doing a good job at one club, he won't then carry that into his next job and in fact he has never done this so far. He should stay at Derby, it's clearly a good fit and he feels comfortable there.

Edited by Isa

I am not totally convinced sacking Lambert will solve our problems, nor I am sold on the idea or logic of appointing Tony Pulis. I am content to sticking with Lambert for the time being, there has been improvements in our last two games. UTV.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

McClaren is inconsistant. His record shows that just because he is doing a good job at one club, he won't then carry that into his next job and in fact he has never done this so far. He should stay at Derby, it's clearly a good fit and he feels comfortable there.

Given the choice between taking a punt on McClaren or being satisfied with the dross being served up Lambert, I'd be willing to make the change. I just can't see things getting better under Lambert. 

• Like 1

Me neither but it not simply a choice between Lambert and McClaren (or Pulis) is it? There are dozens of managers out there, the search doesn't have to be limited to obvious names from our leagues.

Â