Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Gareth Southgate?

I mentioned Southgate a few weeks ago as a potential target, seems to be doing a great job with the England U21s.

He can stay there. He was a terrible club manager.

Harsh. It seems he accepted the Boro job for sentimental reasons and was not ready for top level management at that stage. The tough experience with Boro would have educated him. GS also knows a lot about our club having achieved relative success with us, and would not doubt have ideas to move the club forward.

Being a former player of the club does not make you a good manager of that club. It's sentimental.

Maybe terrible was harsh. But if you're writing off Boro as not being ready then he's completely unproven at best.

It would be a very risky appointment. Too risky for my liking given our position.

• Like 1

Lambert is the best manager we could get at this point. Makes zero sense to get rid and replace.

Cant agree with that at all I'm afraid. Pulis would absolutely be a better manager and is gettable. 

History dictates the next manager will be a guy at the peak of his powers (however high that is) who we will then ruin over a period of 18 months 2 years, he will then leave us and then disappear into the ether. 

Left field suggestion - what about Hope Powell? 

Lambert is the best manager we could get at this point. Makes zero sense to get rid and replace.

Uh oh.

Now you've gone and done it

I like it!

Always nice with a bit of comic relief

Cant agree with that at all I'm afraid. Pulis would absolutely be a better manager and is gettable.

History dictates the next manager will be a guy at the peak of his powers (however high that is) who we will then ruin over a period of 18 months 2 years, he will then leave us and then disappear into the ether.

I wonder what Make Mine Vanilla has to say about this suggestion

• Like 2

It is a little premmature to conclude that Southgate is a poor club manager when he has only had one such job. However, he should stick to his current job for the foreseeable future. He only took charge of the U21s in the summer and hasn't even led them at a tournament yet.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I wonder what Make Mine Vanilla has to say about this suggestion

Another attempt by the vile matriarchy to infiltrate one of the few pleasure left available to the working man? 

Hope Powell was actually very poor when the England manager. Not that I know a lot about women's football, but that team she had at one point should've gone a lot further in tournaments than they did.

What's John Gregory up to?

Currently converting Crawley Town from a successful to an unsuccessful club.  :)

Just looked up his managerial stats on Wikipedia. Hardly flattering - but we got the best out of him!

• Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronald-koeman-aston-villa-make-8107974?   (Well that's depressing!)

Ronald Koeman: Aston Villa did make contact with me before appointing Alex McLeish

ronald-koeman-814485595.jpg

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has admitted that talks did take place which could have seen him take on the Aston Villa manager's post.

In an interview with Four Four Two, Koeman is quizzed on the link by a Villa fan.

He confirmed the talks, saying: "Yes, there was contact at the time, but that was between agents, I never spoke to the club myself.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He's the current Owen Coyle

He does look a little like Mcleish though so maybe Randy and Faulkner were duped by Mcleish (funny accent , ginger hair) and he told them he was Koeman,  makes sense now that appointment

• Like 4

Â