Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

I cant see lambert being sacked for the time being. As he has frequently pointed out we've played the toughest teams of last season one after the other, contended with key injuries, mass sickness and suspension in that time.

I suppose, no one expected us to get anything from those games (barring qpr)and if those results were spread across the season instead in a block would we be moaning as much.

Lambert has certainly lost a lot of the fanbase but results over the next 5-6 fixtures could amend some of the damage.

It hasn't been pretty but it could easily get a lot better.

As for pulis or mclaren, its a no from me.

QPR & West Ham? Really!

Apart from a Man Utd game thrown in, our next games are Southampton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Baggies, Swansea, Sunderland, Crystal Palace & Leicester. If we were ever going to get a new manager in, now would be the ideal point of the season! (not that I think we will).

I would say now is the ideal time to stick with Lambert, some ideal games to get points on the board and make people realise their hysterics were really not necessary.
Either way, my main point was 'look put our run of games'. Man Utd and Southampton aside, I've never seen such an 'easy' run. One things for sure, if we haven't got many points after that run of games, the amount of 'hysterical' people will certainly increase. Hopefully you're around then to calm them down ;)

Personally I think the more likely outcome if Lambert gets sacked would be Keane taking over as caretaker until the end of the season.

Me too.

And i think that this is the main reason Keane took the job as assistant in the first place

Personally I think the more likely outcome if Lambert gets sacked would be Keane taking over as caretaker until the end of the season.

Me too.

And i think that this is the main reason Keane took the job as assistant in the first place

Me too. I think he would have seen the mess the club was in and at the very least thought there may be an opportunity at some point to get a decent club job. R Keane will not be happy being a number 2 to any manager for too long.

Didn't he turn down the Celtic job because he dosen't want to be a full time manager? If Lambert was to leave, I think they'd try and get someone in who'd be happy to work with Keane as his Assistant. That's why I imagined a scenario the other day where O'Neill returned as a temp manager until the end of the season.

I'm still pretty sure that Lambert won't be going anywhere whilst Randy's here though.

I think Lambert will keep us above the relegation which I imagine will be enough to keep him his job. I'm pretty sure Lerner doesn't care about style of football or records being broken as long we stay in the Prem.

Gareth Southgate?

I mentioned Southgate a few weeks ago as a potential target, seems to be doing a great job with the England U21s.

He can stay there. He was a terrible club manager.

Gareth Southgate?

I mentioned Southgate a few weeks ago as a potential target, seems to be doing a great job with the England U21s.

He can stay there. He was a terrible club manager.

Harsh. It seems he accepted the Boro job for sentimental reasons and was not ready for top level management at that stage. The tough experience with Boro would have educated him. GS also knows a lot about our club having achieved relative success with us, and would no doubt have ideas to move the club forward.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Â