Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Thanks for the like lapal, that gag went over everyones head.

Or it was shit...

I was with you all the Mr. Troon sir. 

Have another like, just becz I can LOLOLOL.

Look at us.. adding to this debate.. what a pair of rascals we are.

• Like 1

Eddie Howe is doing a terrific job at Bournemouth. I wouldn't be averse to giving him a go. His teams play attractive football and we haven't seen that at VP for so long. Scored eight against the shit too. 

Huge risk after his departure from Burnley. More annoyingly, why would he make that move now?

Eddie Howe is doing a terrific job at Bournemouth. I wouldn't be averse to giving him a go. His teams play attractive football and we haven't seen that at VP for so long. Scored eight against the shit too. 

Huge risk after his departure from Burnley. More annoyingly, why would he make that move now?

Unless you are managing a very select few clubs in this country then Aston Villa is still seen as a step up to a huge club. It is certainly a challenging job at the moment but if you have confidence in your own abilities then still one you should relish.

The pressure is also now nowhere near what it was when say O’Neill left. Now supporters would just be happy to see the club win more than it loses,a team that has a bit of fight and backbone and the club not be embroiled in a relegation battle. If we can play some decent football that would be nice also.

As for Eddie Howe I would at this stage want to go for someone more proven. Pulis, Moyes, Bruce or someone of that ilk for me.

Maybe not villalad, but there is no real ideal replacement suitable to take us forward as they are all employed.

Tony Pulis is a no brainer as is currently the best ideal replacement there is at this time. He had sod all to spend at Palace when he took over, got them deeply out the shit with existing players and saved the club from relegation.

It is okay saying 'oh, he walked out of Palace', 'I don't want that quitter at this club' but you have to think about the logics of it.

When a manager - Tony Pulis - comes to a club in deep shit and does them a massive favour saving them millions of pounds by not getting them relegated and claws the team to safety from being certified to relegation using the mediocre players that are available.

That same manager has an ambition to recruit stronger names to kick on and take the club places the following season and beyond.

Unfortunately when the people at the top don't share that same ambition for {{whatever reason}} and fail in there attempts to improve the team then you have a general idea next season is going to be very long and not so lucky next time round in avoiding relegation perhaps.

The manager then has a choice, carry on with this pointless exercise ahead of him with no improvement added or seek a fresh challenge elsewhere with a team that does have ambition?, holding his head high adding to his credentials.

It's like walking into Asda knowing there is no food to buy, yet still carry on and walk round the isles anyway, knowing there is a host of other stores where they can help you for what your looking for!

I feel Pulis was right to walk away when he did and I will say he is a manager who takes no nonsense nor would make a habbit walking out on clubs.

TP would be able to work within a budget in the short term here (what lambert has been handed) but buying grafters, getting better results than what we have been lately and definitely concrete us as a midtable team with what we already have at our disposal (and that's without Delph & Vlaar)

It would all depend on up coming results and whether PL remains in charge and if AVFC see Pulis as the next man to carry the torch and if TP see's AVFC as a good challenge for him too.

Personally for now I wouldn't begrudge TP being the next manager in charge and I would allow him at least a season and a half to show what he can do and we go agai... sorry, and we go from there.

He walked because Palace wouldnt let him sign the old expensive type journey men he signed at Stoke and rightly so. We had a manager before at Villa who done that and we are still suffering the consequences to this very day.

• Like 1

The players he was trying to sign were Sigurdsson, Caulker and Michu. Expensive maybe, but I think the term 'journeyman' is harsh for any of those players.

Plus he wanted Palace to upgrade their facilities to Premier League standards to help establish them as a top flight club and not think like the yo-yo club they had been. That's another reason he jacked, the boards lack of ambition.

We only hear parts of these stories.

Anyone that thinks MON just through his dummy in the dirt is an idiot because people do not pay off ex-staff on the tribunal steps because that ex-staff through their dummy in the dirt. There are deeper reasons plus most owners are not as sensible as they think.

IF Lambert were to leave, and that's a big if, then surely we all know who will take over in the short term.

Who is cheap, available and would love the chance to take on the managers hot seat again? He is also currently working with our players! Yes, Keane will definitely get the job, if only in the short term. No extra costs, let Given take on coaching again and the easy option in a time of uncertainty that is noncommittal.

If Lambert goes it is Keane in charge, I'm convinced this is our options.

He is terrific. My only problem though when people start bigging up lower league managers doing excellent jobs...well Lambert was doing all this and more at Norwich a few years back wasn't he?

The players he was trying to sign were Sigurdsson, Caulker and Michu. Expensive maybe, but I think the term 'journeyman' is harsh for any of those players.

As much as I respect Pulis he wouldn't have a clue what to do with Michu and Sigurdsson. Bit like at Stoke when he tried to upgrade with Tuncay and Eidur Gudjohnsson and barely played either as they couldn't fit into his rigid 4-4-2.

He's similar to O'Neill really, Plan A works well and he creates teams that are tough to beat but there are limitations particularly away from home.

If PL does leave whatever the circumstance, I am not sure what I would make of Roy Keane being our new boss?

Would he also leave if PL where to leave? Would RK take on the Villa job meaning he would have to cut his commitments with his ROI role? Would we want another fiasco again settling compensation with the FAI (we already went through this in appointing Houllier with the French FA. all this while games are being played and all this off field stuff happening again.

Personally, na no thanks. Manager goes, so does the majority of his staff and allow the new manager that arrives to bring in his own back room team at the same time.

There has been too much **** about with off field affairs with this club for too long now, whether it's the chairman, the CEO, Managers in and out with court settlements or compensation rows, players contracts not being dealt with efficiently etc. it just seems like a bit of a circus.

If PL leaves then so should his staff, and if he does not win 1 of the next 2 games at least then he should walk and have Pulis installed by the time the international break is over. Job done.

Pulis ?

I'd rather get relegated than appoint someone else who will serve up dross.

I don't care anymore what league we need to end up in to bring it about, but I want to see some entertaining,attacking football.

As for the struggles to find a name, this is why it is such a pity lambo has failed, as failed he certainly has.

In so many ways I thought he was the perfect fit. But he ain't. So he must go and Keane take over for now with a brief to play in a way that makes us worth watching. If he won't do that find anyone, even the cleaner, to pick our best eleven and get them playing some football.

The absence of tactics, organisation, and the rest, won't be missed.

Do I understand that you would then rather have a cleaner as manager rather than an experienced manager in Tony Pulis?

How do you know he would serve up dross here?

I tell you one thing, he would get this **** shower playing a bit harder, and nothing can be worse than the dross we are currently witnessing!

I am not sure not many people would be moaning if Pulis was to nail us 3 top 6 finishes!

• Like 1

Do I understand that you would then rather have a cleaner as manager rather than an experienced manager in Tony Pulis?

How do you know he would serve up dross here?

I tell you one thing, he would get this **** shower playing a bit harder, and nothing can be worse than the dross we are currently witnessing!

I am not sure not many people would be moaning if Pulis was to nail us 3 top 6 finishes!

Ur crazy. Pulis would get us at 12th at best

Â