Paul Lambert

limpid

Yep but 5 of them against top 6 sides

Yet Everton were 17th when we played them this Season and in awful form(hadn't won at home in the League when we played them) and Spurs who were 14th in the League before playing us today and equally in horrendous form.The Lambert excuses will ALWAYS seem to come by some... #Lambertout
I think it's pretty fair to say that Everton and Spurs have better teams than Aston Villa. They're always going to turn their seasons around from being 17th and 14th. Today, aside from a nervy start, Spurs didn't even look like scoring until Benteke's moment of madness. I'm not sure their quality shone through, we just absolutely gifted them a way back in to the game.

A red card and a horrible deflection on a free kick leaves us with nothing from a game we looked like winning. Not really sure how this is "Lambert's fault" in this instance?

Its not his fault in this instance. But no ones against him based on just this game.

The quote directly says "Spurs who were 14th..." - it's based on this game too.

Similarly, someone else has posted "Spurs are dire and we still can't beat them". Ridiculous to think anyone did much wrong today, Benteke aside.

I saw them. Does that mean this game is all they've based their opinion on?

"Not really sure how this is "Lambert's fault" in this instance?" now equates to "this game is all you've based your opinions on".  Really?  Really?

Is it just me or do things always go wrong after we make subs? Not saying it looked like a bad move to bring gabby in for nzogbia at the time, but it turned out of I be bad because of what happened in first goal. Not criticizing Lambert but asking in general: why make subs when things are OK? Nzogbia had a good game, didn't look tired, and if gabby was brought in to counter after red card, nzogbia isn't too bad at that either.

He's pretty much got everything right in the last couple of games and been let down by individual errors. When the luck deserts you and you weren't in a great position to start with, then things get tough quick. I worry for him if we lose the next two, even in our rather odd situation.

• Like 2

So with the most defeats in a row in this league at Villa now under Lamberts belt like the many other records he has, which ones doesn't he have yet?

Relegating us from the Premier League is probably the big one. 

Only a matter of time thou...

So with the most defeats in a row in this league at Villa now under Lamberts belt like the many other records he has, which ones doesn't he have yet?

the icing on the cake so to speak.

And he will be rewarded with a new contract.

He's pretty much got everything right in the last couple of games and been let down by individual errors. When the luck deserts you and you weren't in a great position to start with, then things get tough quick. I worry for him if we lose the next two, even in our rather odd situation.

I felt the QPR game he got things far from right. 

Ridiculous to think anyone did much wrong today, Benteke aside.

Apart from the very poor defending for the two Spurs goals. Poor defending has rather been a feature of our season so far so you have to just glance in the manager's direction for that.

Ridiculous to think anyone did much wrong today, Benteke aside.

Apart from the very poor defending for the two Spurs goals. Poor defending has rather been a feature of our season so far so you have to just glance in the manager's direction for that.

Yeah, fair.  The defending was poor for Q.P.R's goals too.

What's 'odd' about our situation? Loads of shite defeats and 15th-16th place is normal for us isn't it?

He was let down by he's players today, benteke for reacting to provocation, Sanchez for a rash tackle and gabby fo ref effectively putting us down to 9 men with he's 'performance'

He got nothing right against QPR.

• Like 1

Â