Paul Lambert

limpid

Basically I don't think today should have changed anybody's opinion of the guy.

If you wanted him sacked last week, then you should still want him sacked.

If you wanted him to stay then you should still want him to stay.

I don't think he can be blamed for today. but that doesn't mean it was some magical turn around that should save him his job. It was a competent performance from the team until we lost a player. But that doesn't wipe out the rest of the run of results we've had.

I keep seeing this repeated that we can't blame him for today but we can. I not saying it is or isnt his fault but you could say if he had made us a better team over his tenure in charge we would have beaten a poor Spurs team today.

We were poor today and a few bad ref descisions might paper over the cracks. We were at home and playing a team short of confidence and basically tired to play one up front counter attacking. Because of Lamberts coaching and tactics over the last 2 years thats all we can really play. Same reason our ball retention was so bad. Same reason we had one shot on target all game.

There were to many familar things in todays game to blame it on just bad luck. Spurs had far better chances that us and had more of them. If were being honest and not staring through Claret and Blue stained glasses the only real decision that we can feel agrieved about is Mason not being sent off.

Today was just another symptom of the malaise we have been suffering from for the last 2 years.

Yes - when we were winning the match 1-0.

We were leading 1-0.

I'm not saying we were amazing, just that its pretty feasible that we could have won that game IF we'd kept 11 men on the pitch.

Had that happened we'd have all been pleased with the result and probably the performance.

You're right, I said as much in my post, that this doesn't change the past 2 years.

But I think if you blame defeat today on Lambert then you are just criticising for the sake of criticising.

Like I said, it wasn't anywhere near good enough to justify his tenure in any way shape or form.

But neither do I think he should incur much blame for today.

• Like 2

I don't think he can be blamed for today. but that doesn't mean it was some magical turn around that should save him his job. It was a competent performance from the team until we lost a player. But that doesn't wipe out the rest of the run of results we've had.

I keep seeing this repeated that we can't blame him for today but we can. I not saying it is or isnt his fault but you could say if he had made us a better team over his tenure in charge we would have beaten a poor Spurs team today.

We were poor today and a few bad ref descisions might paper over the cracks. We were at home and playing a team short of confidence and basically tired to play one up front counter attacking. Because of Lamberts coaching and tactics over the last 2 years thats all we can really play. Same reason our ball retention was so bad. Same reason we had one shot on target all game.

There were to many familar things in todays game to blame it on just bad luck. Spurs had far better chances that us and had more of them. If were being honest and not staring through Claret and Blue stained glasses the only real decision that we can feel agrieved about is Mason not being sent off.

Today was just another symptom of the malaise we have been suffering from for the last 2 years.

If you thought we were poor today I dread to think of what you thought of our last 5 matches.

Why would today change anyones mind ?

Spurs did very little - but it was still enough to beat us.

I swop him for Pullis\Moyes tomorrow - and despite his four year deal - I expect this to happen in the next few weeks  [Not ITK but Lamberts running on Empty] 

That is a very accurate summary in my book.

Whatever way you look at it ...that was a bad game to lose.

Wasn't his fault today but I feel communication with players on the pitch regarding bad ref decisions & late subs could have helped. Still want him sacked tho. #Moyes in

I am probably on my own on this - but I thought Benteke was a spent force just before the sending off - he looked tired and wasn't havinng the same impact. I said to my son I would have subbed him - then he gets a straight red!!!

We wouldn't have lost it.

Not sure how in our run anyone would be confident defending a 1 goal lead for the last 25 minutes (plus 6 minutes injury time). Anyone could do stupid things like giving away a penalty. That Kane free kick could've still deflected in with 11 on the pitch for example.

If we put in another shocking performance like at QPR I was possibly ready to actively call for his head but we were really good with 11 men. There is a good team in there and it's a shame that the word removed of a referee lost control of the game.

Will be quite telling to see whether we can put in more performances like that under fairer conditions or whether we'll revert to how we were against Everton and QPR.

If we put in another shocking performance like at QPR I was possibly ready to actively call for his head but we were really good with 11 men. There is a good team in there and it's a shame that the word removed of a referee lost control of the game.

Will be quite telling to see whether we can put in more performances like that under fairer conditions or whether we'll revert to how we were against Everton and QPR.

so you thought the last 2 years doesn't matter...i just want to see it one more time to convince myself.

I actually didn't think it was that good considering we was at home and they were one point ahead of us....i seen some decent moments and the customary scruffy moments were still there.

They had equally as many chances as us if not slightly more and scored more goals....Mason was very lucky not to be sent off, if fact he should have been.

That is one goal in six games ....and i think we had one shot on target....at home?    and thats playing well?

• Like 1

If we hire Pulis I would lose all of the little love I have left for football

Under Pulis we would play shit, unattractive football but would be hard to beat. That would be different to the shit, unattractive football we play at the moment, at the very least.

The stats don't look great, although they don't tell the whole story.

Even with Benteke's red card, we should not have lost the game the way we did as late as we did.

There is almost nothing left to say anymore about this team and this manager that hasn't been said a million times already.

• Like 1

We play dire football as it is and people are acting like Pulis is much worse, he isn't his style is just as bad except he gets results. A year ago i'd have been in the no to Pulis camp but now i would take anyone as long as it means him gone, hes had more than enough time now and i think the majority of fans have been fair to him but enough is enough, how can anyone defend 23 losses in 36 games? 

He's not suddenly going to turn us into a winning machine, under Lambert we will always just be like this.

so you thought the last 2 years doesn't matter...i just want to see it one more time to convince myself.

I actually didn't think it was that good considering we was at home and they were one point ahead of us....i seen some decent moments and the customary scruffy moments were still there.

They had equally as many chances as us if not slightly more and scored more goals....Mason was very lucky not to be sent off, if fact he should have been.

That is one goal in six games ....and i think we had one shot on target....at home?    and thats playing well?

Where did I say or imply that the last 2 year don't matter? Don't put words into my mouth/head.

But you know that Spurs are a decent side who will be in and around the top 7. We're only 10 games into the season so the fact that they were 1 point ahead of us doesn't really mean much.

They had a few chances but I'm not talking about them I'm talking about us - we played well and it's something that stats just don't tell you. A bit like how against QPR the stats didn't look too bad whereas in actual fact we were shocking.

The lack of goals is still a concern but I really don't know how anyone can look at how we played there (at least until the sending off) and not say that was playing well. Nobody's saying it was amazing (before more words get put into my mouth) but it was decent. My only worry at the moment is that we won't perform like that often enough this season.

• Like 1

I think our general play has improved since last season - we don't pass the ball straight into touch anything like as much as we did - but I simply can't give Lambert any credit for that. Since then we've abandoned Lambert's 'young and hungry' transfer policy in favour of players with more experience and completely changed the back room staff. Lambert was in charge when we were absolute shit, and now he's in charge when we're slightly less shit. Given that everything else had changed, why would I lay any praise at Lambert's door?

Pulis isn't everyone's cup of tea and he wouldn't be a long term fit for us but we would be better at home under him at least.

In a 19 game season I would back him to win 10 home games even if that meant narrowing the pitch to counter the opposition. He took over Palace late November last season and they won 7 out of 13 under him at home.

It would make everyone a bit happier and make the seasons more comfortable at least if we could win with decent regularity at home.

Personally i thought we were reasonable for the first half mainly due to a really poor Spurs performance, they were just woeful, But second half i thought we were atrocious. The number of times our midfield got good ball and put in either Cissokho, Lowton or Nzog who then proceeded to lamely make a mess of some decent positions was embarrassing to watch and the main reason we lost in my opinion. Benteke was stupid to get involved although i thought it was just a yellow as he just handed him off after the Spurs player pushed his forehead into him... but then this is a London team as the referee was well aware so of course they got the decision.

Overall though we have now lost 6 in a row the last two against two of the worst teams in the division form wise despite playing about as well as we can...Which says to me relegation!

Lambert out!

Â