Paul Lambert

limpid

At least the next excuse us already lined up, no Benteke for the next three games.

I can't describe how much I hate this patronising shite about excuses.
It will be used as an excuse.
It will be used as a reason as to why those fixtures may be harder than if we had Benteke.

That's a perfectly valid thing to say.

If we lose and somebody says the only reason is because we didn't have Benteke then that may not be the same.

But when someone trying to put some context around a defeat gets dismissed as "making excuses" its boils my piss.

Its being as dismissive, if not more so, than you are trying to make out the person making excuses is being.

• Like 4

Don't blame him for today really, but it's not looking good for him is it? I thought we were good for 60minutes, then the sending off changed everything. 

I can't believe I'd actually prefer Pulis to come in. Those are words I thought i'd never say. 

Whether he's getting things wrong or things are going against him is irrelevant, football is about results, and for whatever reason he's not getting any.

Lerner will stick with him right til the end imo, the only way he will go is if we get relegated. 

• Like 1

He's pretty much got everything right in the last couple of games and been let down by individual errors. When the luck deserts you and you weren't in a great position to start with, then things get tough quick. I worry for him if we lose the next two, even in our rather odd situation.

But apart from today we create absolutely nothing. Without Benteke for the next 3 games I really cannot see where the goals are coming from, an Lambert has no idea how to change it!

I have given up on him. This was the make or break season and it's not turning around. I firmly believe a manager should get his time to really make a squad but it's not gonna work out. And he is not gonna win the fans over anymore unless he really pulls a miracle and that is simply not gonna happen. Nature of the game and he must go. Shame because I REEEEEEEEEALLY wanted this to work out, but I can't support it anymore. This is just horrendous. We played good today but for how long? We never get that consistenly and the season so far has showed that. We can't count on anything. And I am tired off it. Still, Lerner has much to blame of the shit Lambert is in and I will always say so. Had we had a different budget then it could be widely different but I am fed up. Gonna lose to southampton at least, and west ham has surprised me a bit this season as well :(

He's pretty much got everything right in the last couple of games and been let down by individual errors. When the luck deserts you and you weren't in a great position to start with, then things get tough quick. I worry for him if we lose the next two, even in our rather odd situation.

What's 'odd' about our situation? Loads of shite defeats and 15th-16th place is normal for us isn't it?

No, no, not that bit - the bit where no one wants to own us.

A decent manager would take this squad into the top 10 in my opinion - Lambert should be gone but he will survive because the owner has lost interest and until the club is sold we will drift on in the current decline.

There can simply be no excuses for Lambert

It's getting a little tiring it's almost as if he's Bannan in disguise

The worst manager i've ever seen in charge of our club in my lifetime

How many more defeats till he has been given the bullet the way were playing we will be in the bottom 3 come January and then it will be too late

Edited by AshVilla

What's 'odd' about our situation? Loads of shite defeats and 15th-16th place is normal for us isn't it?

No, no, not that bit - the bit where no one wants to own us.

yeah, we're in a very tough spot atm because of this.

Now, I'm one of those that doesn't necessarily think it's all his fault - in fact, I think given our situation, there's an argument for him doing a reasonable job. However, I'm also increasingly thinking that he might have to go, simply because a short term boost might be enough to get us over the line this season.

This season could be particularly important - if we stay up and get sold then we've a chance (to go again :) ) if we don't stay up then a sale could get really difficult and I'm not sure where we'd be, other than it wouldn't be good.

We're not looking for a long term manager; we don't have a long term, but someone who could give us a boost for half a dozen game might be worth a punt.

Yep but 5 of them against top 6 sides

Worryingly, it was our form against 'top' sides that keep us up last season and those sort of opponents that our set-up is best suited to.

The worry has been that we don't do enough against the sides around us in my opinion. This season goes against your post - we've done better the other way round which, in theory, is the way it should be.

Too early to say. We did reasonably well against Hull and Stoke, nothing more.

Edited by Isa

Â