Paul Lambert

limpid

We've just played the previous years top 6 + QPR in succession. The QPR game was unacceptable but it's no surprise we didn't do particularly well. We actually took the game to Spurs today until the sending off. It's not the end of the world.

Sorry but that is no excuse. Everton were awful pre us, spurs were poor today. Qpr was a disgrace.

I have no complaints about Lambert after todays game. We played some great football and had a good go at Spurs and could of easily scored 3 goals in the 1st half. The sending off was crucial to the outcome and is the main reason why we lost.

• Like 1

After 2 years? A sign of improving.

sometimes even treading water is difficult. I'm questioning why arms are being thrown up after that game, which was a drastic improvement on the previous 5 despite the result and also despite the strength of opposition we have played.

It was a difficult result but to use anything from today to bolster any case to sack Lambert is wrong.

• Like 3

If we lose the next game he has to go.

If we lose the next 2 games he has to go.

If we lose the next 3 games he has to go.

If we lose the next 4 games he has to go.

If we lose the next ..................................etc. etc.

Let's give him until Christmas.

Let's give him until January.

When does it stop?

When we're relegated.

Seriously he must be sacked now before it's too late.

I want him out but totally not to blame today however that makes no difference as the entire season has been poor overall not to mention history etc.

We looked better because Benteke came back and started to look like a beast again, he doesn't get enough out of the rest of the team and it's setting them up to play when we don't have Benteke which is the problem. Without him for 3 games so I expect us to go back to hoofing it to nobody, having no plan and not really doing a lot on the pitch.

I think it will be another two losses v West Ham and Saints taking his total to 8 loses in a row. How can any manager survive that? 

When does it stop?

Exactly. We turn in a decent performance of the first time in six games and still lose but Lambert is the man to lead us away from the abyss? Bizarre!!

Its going to get much much worse over the next two months. I just hoper these rumours of Pulls being sounded out have some legs.

To me at least Lambert defines the phrase 'Dead Man Walking". We will lose to WHU and Southampton so that will be eight games on the bounce but hey ho give the mumbling clown a couple more games to see if he can 'turn it around'.

When does it stop?

Exactly. We turn in a decent performance of the first time in six games and still lose but Lambert is the man to lead us away from the abyss? Bizarre!!

Its going to get much much worse over the next two months. I just hope these rumours of Pulls being sounded out have some legs.

To me at least Lambert defines the phrase 'Dead Man Walking". We will lose to WHU and Southampton so that will be eight games on the bounce but hey ho give the mumbling clown a couple more games to see if he can 'turn it around'.

Get rid I say whilst there are good options readily available. Pullis as a preference but would be happy with Moyes.

After 2 years? A sign of improving.

sometimes even treading water is difficult. I'm questioning why arms are being thrown up after that game, which was a drastic improvement on the previous 5 despite the result and also despite the strength of opposition we have played.

It was a difficult result but to use anything from today to bolster any case to sack Lambert is wrong.

but it's not about today in isolation, it's the cumulative couple of seasons

• Like 1

Is Lambert really that bad- obviously his record with us stinks but- Today we played against a spurs team that cost millions, who are coached by a top manager and yet we were the better team.

It's the closest we have come to beating spurs in years. The players didn't give up. Sacking the manager isn't always the answer.

Fulham last year, we dont want that do we.

Basically I don't think today should have changed anybody's opinion of the guy.

If you wanted him sacked last week, then you should still want him sacked.

If you wanted him to stay then you should still want him to stay.

I don't think he can be blamed for today. but that doesn't mean it was some magical turn around that should save him his job. It was a competent performance from the team until we lost a player. But that doesn't wipe out the rest of the run of results we've had.

I keep seeing this repeated that we can't blame him for today but we can. I not saying it is or isnt his fault but you could say if he had made us a better team over his tenure in charge we would have beaten a poor Spurs team today.

We were poor today and a few bad ref descisions might paper over the cracks. We were at home and playing a team short of confidence and basically tired to play one up front counter attacking. Because of Lamberts coaching and tactics over the last 2 years thats all we can really play. Same reason our ball retention was so bad. Same reason we had one shot on target all game.

There were to many familar things in todays game to blame it on just bad luck. Spurs had far better chances that us and had more of them. If were being honest and not staring through Claret and Blue stained glasses the only real decision that we can feel agrieved about is Mason not being sent off.

Today was just another symptom of the malaise we have been suffering from for the last 2 years.

• Like 1

Â