Paul Lambert

limpid

The team may not be great, but the problem is we don't and never will have a winning mentality. That has always been Lamberts problem, he has admitted he has a fear of losing and now you can see this in his team. This is why Championship, League 1 teams beat us in the cups. Whatever is said they do not have a better team than us, Bradford, Orient for instance, Its just they have a winning mentality installed to win against a big premiership team. The likes of Bradford should have been no where near us, but again towards the end of the game we crack, Lambert runs out of ideas and, well the rest is history.

Im not really in the Lambert hater camp, but its blatently all too clear to see, we need a change! There is a good team there, it just needs new organisation, new tactics and a completely new philosophy installed in the players, something only a new manager can bring. Lambert will never turn it around now, yes he might win the odd game, but we will never be a winning team, a hard to beat team under the current manager, this is why there is no hate from me for Lambert, but I just believe his tenure here has run its course and its time for him to go.

Edited by foreveryoung

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left but who replaces him?

Pulis? Give it 6 months and we'd have another incredibly dull team that we all hate watching. The truth is that our squad is poor, even a top manager would struggle with our team.

Pretty sure the palace fans weren't complaining about the playstyle last season

I hear you OBE, but the only way we are going to get a short term boost is to get in a manager that the fans will get excited about. I'm struggling to think of any manager that we could get that would give us this excitement.

I hear you OBE, but the only way we are going to get a short term boost is to get in a manager that the fans will get excited about. I'm struggling to think of any manager that we could get that would give us this excitement.

And there's the thing, because we could only offer them a couple of months security in all honesty, it'd be difficult.

I wonder what the polls of the players would say about the man in charge. We definitely need a new injection of ideas because it is a poisonous state of affairs at the minute and I believe you only get a set amount of chances to prove yourself right or wrong before you lose the trust factor. 

Whilst the Benteke sending off affected our game massively we can't be excused for putting ten men behind the ball for last 20 minutes. If we had continued pressing (which Benteke doesn't do anyway) we could've got something from that.

No manager should have 6 straight defeats on his cv and stay in a job.

He's pretty much got everything right in the last couple of games and been let down by individual errors. When the luck deserts you and you weren't in a great position to start with, then things get tough quick. I worry for him if we lose the next two, even in our rather odd situation.

Wow !

gawd help us when he doesn't get it right then !......2 games against two sides playing poorly, lost both and had, what, 3 shots ?

what is the point of a short term boost. Until we have investment properly and a decent owner, it makes no difference, if we're arsing about in 10th or 17th. I mean honestly, who cares? Both results are a product of a tremendously dull season. We'll stay up with Lambert. There's no point changing manager until we've got a structure in place that can aim for something worthwhile. Aiming for 10th? Whoopdy do. Who gives a shit? I'm sure Pulis or whoever could get us that this season. But then what? The football we derided him for at stoke would just piss us off once more.

There is no point to anything unless there's dramatic change.

• Like 1

Whilst the Benteke sending off affected our game massively we can't be excused for putting ten men behind the ball for last 20 minutes. If we had continued pressing (which Benteke doesn't do anyway) we could've got something from that.

Agreed.

• Like 1

what is the point of a short term boost. Until we have investment properly and a decent owner, it makes no difference, if we're arsing about in 10th or 17th. I mean honestly, who cares? Both results are a product of a tremendously dull season. We'll stay up with Lambert. There's no point changing manager until we've got a structure in place that can aim for something worthwhile. Aiming for 10th? Whoopdy do. Who gives a shit? I'm sure Pulis or whoever could get us that this season. But then what? The football we derided him for at stoke would just piss us off once more.

The football pulis had palace playing last season was far better than Stoke or villa have produced in many years.

I would prefer moyes to pulis but either would be a huge improvement on Lambert.

Errr, a short term boost may just aswell keep us up. Cause the way were heading at the moment were going down with Lambert still at the helm.

Yes there is. I understand that the long-term looks dull (it really does) at the moment, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to improve in the short-term. under Lambert we are treading the same waters and I think that it's down to a lack of ideas in the club. I also understand that we are under financial constraint, but then we should be a least looking to do the best under those constraints.

I was only wondering earlier if any manager in the prem has ever gone 6 games losing and only one goal scored and kept their job

• Like 1

I was only wondering earlier if any manager in the prem has ever gone 6 games losing and only one goal scored and kept their job

Alan Pardew? probably not though..

Lambert has broke enough records for one weekend

• Like 1

Â