Paul Lambert

limpid

That contract extension look so stupid now. Can we even afford sacking him? I don't think so

hahaha yes, albeit he has admitted that he's not in a secure spot because of it. financially though I say he's most likely in a better spot should the hammer finally fall.

Whilst the Benteke sending off affected our game massively we can't be excused for putting ten men behind the ball for last 20 minutes. If we had continued pressing (which Benteke doesn't do anyway) we could've got something from that.

No manager should have 6 straight defeats on his cv and stay in a job.

I was only wondering earlier if any manager in the prem has ever gone 6 games losing and only one goal scored and kept their job

Alan Pardew? probably not though..
Roberto Martinez at Wigan, in 2012/13 lost 9 on the bounce iirc. They stayed up.

Edit - it was 2010/11 and they lost 8 in a row

Edited by Jimzk5

We were unlucky today?

We had our fair share of good luck last season:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/9969-ratings-and-reactions-villa-3-2-man-city/

We came back twice in that game,albeit with a lucky break with Karim's goal, but I personally think that was sheer resilience than good luck.

As i remember it, Man City dominated that game and we scored in 3/3 chances, while Man City had several shots on the post and several other good chances. I would say we were quite lucky, but you need to be lucky to win games against such sides.

Go now. We look like a team who could go down, and any manager who gets a squad with Vlaar, Benteke, Cleverley, Westwood, Cissokho and Guzan relegated (looking ahead) is a very very poor manager.

Lost 23 of last 36 games?

Terrible.

Take that into a full season and we are down.

Edited by DK82

If we lose the next game he has to go.

If we lose the next 2 games he has to go.

If we lose the next 3 games he has to go.

If we lose the next 4 games he has to go.

If we lose the next ..................................etc. etc.

Let's give him until Christmas.

Let's give him until January.

When does it stop?

At Christmas it'll be 'till the end of the season.'

If we lose the next game he has to go.

If we lose the next 2 games he has to go.

If we lose the next 3 games he has to go.

If we lose the next 4 games he has to go.

If we lose the next ..................................etc. etc.

Let's give him until Christmas.

Let's give him until January.

When does it stop?

At Christmas it'll be 'till the end of the season.'

and if he stays 'til the end of the season we will be out by Easter.

Edited by NoelVilla
  • Like 1

Our only hope of getting rid of Lambert is if Tom Fox has serious power and isn't another Lerner 'yes' man. Lambert has had every chance to improve us over 2 1/2 years and we're probably (unbelievably) worse. Time for a positive change before things get any worse. Until Lerner sells, I'd be over the moon with Tony Pulis.

• Like 1

Genuine question but why do so many people like him but still want him gone? I personally think he comes across as very uninspiring and dour and don't think he comes across as likeable. Then again irrelevant of personality I like all villa managers that are successful. Does that make me fickle, probably but then I don't have to personally like villa managers as long as they do the job well, that is really all we all care about.

We've just played the previous years top 6 + QPR in succession. The QPR game was unacceptable but it's no surprise we didn't do particularly well. We actually took the game to Spurs today until the sending off. It's not the end of the world.

• Like 1

We've just played the previous years top 6 + QPR in succession. The QPR game was unacceptable but it's no surprise we didn't do particularly well. We actually took the game to Spurs today until the sending off. It's not the end of the world.

What's the reason for the other 2 years?

Â