Paul Lambert

limpid

Another tactical shocker from Lambert.

1) Gabby as a number 10 against a team notorious for their slow defence. He is possibly the player with the weakest footballing brain in our whole team. 

2) This causes Cleverley shoved on the left. There goes the idea that he was bought in the be an attacking midfielder. 

3) He complete lack of any tactical creativity, once again waiting far too late to make any changes. 

4) His two favourites were extremely bad again, Agbonlahor and Weimann, with the former hardly ever taken off. 

And the worse part is, this isn't the worst we have played under him at all, with Crystal Palace at home still taking that crown. We could easily go 7 games beaten and I would still be surprised if they got rid of him, that new contract was madness. We desperately need a change, something to add some enthusiasm. I was thankful he stayed under the mini crisis that was pre season but if Lerner really wanted to prove he is reinvested in the club, Lambert would go.  

• Like 1

What's the point? Another club record broken and just as bad as the last two years. There's no improvement, there's no progress and there won't be.

Even if people say records don't matter. You have to look at all the negative records which have fallen. For a club as old as ours, to have so many records fall in less than three years is disgusting.

Do you though? What needs to be looked at are the stats that matter - no goals scored in 5 games, 5 defeats in a row, 4 goals scored all season. As I said, whether or not it's happened before is completely irrelevant.

Serious question, are people bothered more by the fact that we haven't scored in 5 games or the fact that a record has been broken?

Serious answer....last 33 games...won 7. Drawn 5. Lost 21. Scored 26. Conceded 60.

26 points and a minus gd of 34 across 33 games which in turn follows a not much better season and a half.

And the football shows no sign of improving.

What's the point? Another club record broken and just as bad as the last two years. There's no improvement, there's no progress and there won't be.

Even if people say records don't matter. You have to look at all the negative records which have fallen. For a club as old as ours, to have so many records fall in less than three years is disgusting.

Do you though? What needs to be looked at are the stats that matter - no goals scored in 5 games, 5 defeats in a row, 4 goals scored all season. As I said, whether or not it's happened before is completely irrelevant.

Serious question, are people bothered more by the fact that we haven't scored in 5 games or the fact that a record has been broken?

Serious answer....last 33 games...won 7. Drawn 5. Lost 21. Scored 26. Conceded 60.

26 points and a minus gd of 34 across 33 games which in turn follows a not much better season and a half.

And the football shows no sign of improving.

Why are you posting that? I'm fully aware of how bad things have been. The stats you're quoting are actually relevant.

He's done a very poor job in very difficult circumstances. There is no point keeping him. Its too early in the season for the team to lose the fans and they will with Lambert still in charge.

Find it hard to blame him tonight.  Q.P.R. didn't look like scoring, but we made 2 mistakes and got punished.  The problem is that we don't look like scoring either.  Benteke looks rusty as anything and there was nothing between Sanchez/Westwood/Cleverley and the top striker to inspire much creativity.  We kept the ball well and worked it into good positions but our final delivery was awful and we look toothless.

Some fans just want the guy out no matter what - and I think that's what will get him the sack.  People will lambast (no pun intended) him for literally anything.  "We don't keep the ball enough and retain possession!" has been the most popular shout for ages and we've done that tonight.

Laughable

Ever heard the expression you can't polish a turd?

Give it up

The basic things that we needed to do from the back, we did tonight.  Sanchez looked (for the most part) controlled on the ball and retained play well.  The ball was played out from the back patiently, we worked it into decent crossing positions often - which, personally, I think is vital when you play Benteke - but our final ball was awful 95% of the time and we were utterly toothless.  We only conceeded due to errors.  It was a nailed on 0-0... that we lost.

But your missing the point

0 - 0 was not an acceptable result tonight

We were playing the worst side in the division with half their midfield missing

At the beginning of the season we did a poll the majority on here expected a mid table finish 9th - 13th.

This is his 3rd season the fans have had enough of the excuses we demand improvement you don't finish midtable by getting beat 2 - 0 to the worst side in the division do you

Tactically he got it wrong tonight. Sanchez was still evidently not up to 90 mins of prem football tiredness crept in he should have been taken off 10 - 20 mins sooner so he didn't make the mistakes there was no merit him being on the pitch when we was 1 - 0 down anyway because we were chasing the game and he is a defensive minded player anyway and we needed creativity or another striker on to put more pressure on Dunne who has proven time and time again that he will make mistakes.

Lambert has proven time and time again he is not up to the job and the man to take this club forward he needs to go

I'm not missing the point at all.  I said myself - at both the middle and back end of last season and start of this - that I'd give him up until Christmas to show signs of improvement.  If they're not there, he should probably go.

The highlighted bit I just don't agree with though.  Sanchez was our best player and didn't look "evidently not up to 90 mins" to me.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing, of course, after he makes those 3 mistakes in the space of a minute though.  Similarly, our "creativity or another striker" was N'Zogbia/Cole/Bent.  Now, sure, he could've made a change sooner rather than later, but none of those trio would give me particular hope of turning it around.  There's a distinct lack of quality going forward - Lambert's fault or otherwise.

I would have more patience if i thought we were building something, or that lambert could implement a system that would become effective.  But we're just going nowhere under him and if it's just trying to survive i'd rather try it with someone else because i'm utterly fed up with the way we play football.

• Like 4

Â