Paul Lambert

limpid

Well i have come out of retirement on this site as i feel it is time to help the cause of desperately needed change at Villa Park.. I was fleetingly hopeful that the tide was turning after the 1st few games this season but no...sadly it was just early season freak results as has always been the case under this manager. The football is turgid the fan base disillusioned at best and VP is painful to attend to the point where i and many many others can't bear to go anymore as frankly it ruins your weekend 9 times out of 10.

So for me time is now up & he has to go.

I think after around 90 games it's pretty pointless looking at little things that have effected the odd games.  The overall picture is terrible and the manager has to take responsibility for this.

I agree that the overall picture is bad, but I still don't think that should mean ignoring where there have been mitigating factors. I also don't buy into this "every team has injuries" rubbish either. It's naive to think that every team gets equally affected by injuries over the course of the season.

Not that you can blame these factors tonight - we were awful and Lambert has to take the blame for that.

Edited by Mantis

So let's recap some of Lambert's "achievements"

* Joint lowest points total in PL history last season

* Record number of home defeats in the clubs history

* 5 straight defeats without scoring. Another club record

* Heaviest PL defeat to Chelsea 8-0

* Cup exits to Bradford,Millwall, Sheffield Utd & Leyton Orient

Why is this incompetent fool still managing our club?

Because he's ended up at a club with an owner who has made a mess of things and can't sell the mess he's created.

Any other club and I think lambert would be gone by now.

Sorry but Randy has nothing to do with the tactics and how we play. Yes he's had restraints since he got here but things have GOT to change.

Is it still because we've got the shits? Or poor us, we've had some injuries?

Or because we shouldn't expect to win against the big teams, or the 'easy' games now, it seems.

Just why are we so shit?

I don't really see the point of this. It is possible for there to be mitigating factors in some cases but in other cases we were just awful. Not everything is black and white.
The mitigating factor is the manager.

We are complete hamstrung by a totally inept, tactically sterile, incomprehensible, waste of space that is Lambert. All teams have mis fortunes, 'mitigating factors etc, but our ability to have been consistently rubbish under this buffoon is nothing to do with mitigating factors.

Stop making excuses for shiteness. Just accept it and the reasons why.

Stop looking at things in black and white then. I'm not making "excuses" I'm just pointing out that in SOME games there have been genuine mitigating factors, like having half of the team infected with a virus. Likewise with Chelsea and City, we didn't play particularly badly but we were outclassed by teams that are worth many times more than our squad. Games like tonight and Everton on the other hand there aren't really any excuses - we were shit and Lambert should bear the brunt of the blame for it - I've never denied this.

As I said, stop looking at things in black and white. Just because some people don't take a blinkered view and think every single defeat is all Lambert's fault doesn't mean that they don't also accept that there have been many occasions where we've just been shit and Lambert is to blame, tonight being a prime example.

I'm fed up of having words put into my mouth just because I don't take an extreme opinion.

How the **** is he looking at it in black and white? He is looking at what is happening. Quit this 'black and white' obsession.

Because he's decided that there are no mitigating factors whatsoever in any of our defeats. Apparently having half the squad infected with a vomiting virus means nothing and didn't contribute to the defeat. You can't just dismiss all games lost as being down to the manager being shit. Everton and tonight definitely but Arsenal and Chelsea? Not so much. It'd be a bit like somebody saying that none of our defeats this season have been down to Lambert and that there have always been mitigating factors when that obviously isn't the case.It

It's not an "obsession", I'm just looking at what is happening.

It's his opinion though. As for looking at what is happening, he is doing the same and forming his own opinion. It does not make it black and white, it makes it personal to him - and perhaps shared by others.

4 goals scored so far this season, 13 goals shipped in the last 5 games, 5 defeats on the bounce. We are going backwards not forwards. I have never supported Lambert and spotted his failings during his first season and I am still right. If there are still people that believe in Lambert then I despair

• Like 1

So let's recap some of Lambert's "achievements"

* Joint lowest points total in PL history last season

* Record number of home defeats in the clubs history

* 5 straight defeats without scoring. Another club record

* Heaviest PL defeat to Chelsea 8-0

* Cup exits to Bradford,Millwall, Sheffield Utd & Leyton Orient

Why is this incompetent fool still managing our club?

Because he's ended up at a club with an owner who has made a mess of things and can't sell the mess he's created.

Any other club and I think lambert would be gone by now.

Sorry but Randy has nothing to do with the tactics and how we play. Yes he's had restraints since he got here but things have GOT to change.

I agree, i was answering your question of why he is still the manager.

It's his opinion though. As for looking at what is happening, he is doing the same and forming his own opinion. It does not make it black and white, it makes it personal to him - and perhaps shared by others.

Wow, I didn't realise it was his opinion - thanks for pointing that out to me.

In all seriousness, I don't see how it changes anything?

I really doubt Fox had anything to do with Lambert's new contract, he'd only just arrived at the club. I imagine talks had been going on for a while and the club had the perfect time to announce the deal after the first five games.

Please can people think about Pulis and how he walked out of Palace?! I still haven't forgiven O'Neill. I don't want that pretentious dicksplash anywhere near Villa

Desperate times.

To be fair, getting Pulis in now to get us playing well and keep us from relegation only for him to walk out at the end of the season when we're in a stronger position and can attract a better continental manager sounds like a pretty good deal right about now.

• Like 3

Â