Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm torn. On the one hand I want him the **** out of my club but on the other hand he's paying my mortgage with the amount of money I'm winning through betting against us.

:lol: Same!

I've won a fortune.

I'm actually quite chuffed. I put a fiver on 2-0.

The fans have the opportunity to vent their displeasure at the game against spurs on Sunday. Before anyone says "it will affect the players" I fail to see how they could score less than 0 and do worse than lose again which is a great possibility as we cannot possibly beat one of the 'top' teams can we!

Well said! Enough is enough. I've sat on the fence for far too long where Lambert's concerned. I called him out early in his tenure, because he played players so obviously out of position but, tonight was it me. He's got to go.

Edited by villarocker

I went for possibly.

I'm basically at the same point I'd gotten to last season. Something is wrong at Aston Villa.

Whether that is purely the manager is up for debate. I'm leaning towards it not being totally his fault. BUT what is clear is that something is broken. We are not a good football team or club at this point. I thought we may have turned a corner given the start to the season, but it's looking bleak.

We need a change at some level, because we're stagnating as a poor Premier League team, and there's only one more level we can drop to and that's no longer being a premier league team.

Clearly the owner isn't going to change in the near future, so I think the manager is the next step.

I still think there's a good football manager there. I will not be surprised whatsoever if he succeeds in his next job. But I no longer believe that success will come at AVFC. Like I said, I think there's a number of contributing factors, but he has to take the lions share of the blame as the manager.

I'll give him until January (or Christmas more specifically as a new manager deserves the window to make some sort of impact on the team) but I'm not very hopeful.

It's not working. I want it to. But it's not.

A lot of this is how I feel, but there are a few differences. Good post Stevo. One thing I know is we are all hurting, nobody wants Lambert to fail and it isn't nice seeing it happen. Two, maybe three weeks ago I'd have said give him till Jan, but the more I focus on how we play etc etc, the more I can see there is something badly wrong. And this time we can't blame bullying coaches.

Is there anybody left on the forum defending him?

For me, i feel that most villa fans, after a long sit down and a cup of tea, would be happy enough to say that Lambert is a good manager. He just happens to be a bad manager for us for whatever reason that is. Because of this, he needs to leave and get his reputation repaired elsewhere.

Meanwhile we'd almost be better off managerless. Let Lambert go, let the backroom staff go and leave the club in disarray until some lunatic decides buying our club is a good idea

We genuinely are a complete mess. I bet even Newcastle fans would chuckle at our situation

The calls for Pulis are a strange one.

Everyone seems to be pining for "good football" in one breath, but also advocating Pulis in the next breath.

Pulis is a decent manager and there's a very good chance he'd get more, in terms of results, out of this team than Lambert is getting.

But good football is not something he'll implement.

We can debate all we want about this. He's just signed a new deal. he won't be going anywhere.

Another ridiculous decision by the owner.

How many more losses would it take? I know he's signed a new deal but lose the next 3 and surely he'd be sacked.

Where's the "no I don't think we'd get anyone better" option?

Jesus, there must be some really shit managers out there.

It's not about who's out there it's who would come here. IMO I can't see many wanting to take the job under the current ownership and all the uncertainty that surrounds it.

If I had a cast iron guarantee that we'd get someone like Moyes then I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Lambert going - unfortunately I don't think we could get Moyes.

Edited by Mantis

Where is the manager that we took from Norwich?

Where is the attacking exciting play we were expecting?

I watched 300 Rise of an empire last night and there was a phrase which summed it all up for me:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Stop being paralysed by your own fear and have a f***ing go, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

The calls for Pulis are a strange one.

Everyone seems to be pining for "good football" in one breath, but also advocating Pulis in the next breath.

Pulis is a decent manager and there's a very good chance he'd get more, in terms of results, out of this team than Lambert is getting.

But good football is not something he'll implement.

Agreed although palace looked decent when he took over.

I think it just shows the desperation to get rid of Lambert and the acceptance that Lerner being the owner limits who we could bring in.

Don't rate Moyes at all. But if its between keeping Lambert and bringing in Moyes. Moyes please! Although at the moment I think Steve Clark would do. If he loses the next home game which is likely, crowd will be poison. Its a little early in the seaon for this, so for me he won't last, 4 year contract or not no one is indespensible.

Â