Paul Lambert

limpid

The fact we haven't scored in 5 is bad.  The fact it's something i've never experienced before as a fan, makes it worse for me.  It might not make you bothered but that doesn't give you the right to tell people to stop mentioning them.  

Do you remember when you experienced not scoring in 4 in a row?  Or 3 in a row?

I'm struggling to remember a period of time supporting the club when it's been this bad if i'm honest.  Mantis is right, that the real issue is the fact we have lost 5 in a row without scoring.  But the fact it's the first time it's happened does add an extra sting to the fed up feeling it's produced.

What's the point? Another club record broken and just as bad as the last two years. There's no improvement, there's no progress and there won't be.

Even if people say records don't matter. You have to look at all the negative records which have fallen. For a club as old as ours, to have so many records fall in less than three years is disgusting.

Do you though? What needs to be looked at are the stats that matter - no goals scored in 5 games, 5 defeats in a row, 4 goals scored all season. As I said, whether or not it's happened before is completely irrelevant.

Serious question, are people bothered more by the fact that we haven't scored in 5 games or the fact that a record has been broken?

It gives context on how bad it is. It's bad on its own but the fact that it's the worst ever shows you how bad it actually is. Awful.

I think those kind of stats speak for themselves - they're utterly dreadful on their own.

It really is time for him to go, yes we all know about the circumstances he's works under but that doesn't excuse the same old tactic EVERY single game and just hoping we get lucky. Tony Pulis for me, back to basics time.

I'd gladly lose any potential January money to pay him off.

Is it still because we've got the shits? Or poor us, we've had some injuries?

Or because we shouldn't expect to win against the big teams, or the 'easy' games now, it seems.

Just why are we so shit?

Edited by andyh

bobzy you must see though that something is very wrong with this team?

Tonight we started all right but we didn't really create any real chances from open play. Lambert continues to use Weimann and Agbonlahor as wingers when they constantly drift inside and we end up having three players occupying a small space. If we compare tonights game to his first game versus West Ham it's very similar - we don't create chances. That's a problem that's been here since day one.

Yes, of course.  We're awful going forwards.  Obviously, part of that has been down to not having our main striker but there must be something not working.  I'm only saying that, tonight only, as a one-off event, I find it hard to see what he did that was so wrong.  I thought we did well overall apart from our play in the final third.

We yet again played the exact same way we always do and we yet again looked useless as an attacking team.

Combine that with the lack of fight in the team and the way we gave up after the second went in and i'm finding it hard to understand why this loss doesn't bother you.

I thought we played differently.  We kept the ball and passed it around patiently.  It almost always went into the middle of the park, then out wide.  We didn't play counter attacking football on the whole, we tried (and succeeded imo) to control the game.  The problem is that we're completely toothless.

You'll have to pick out the part where I said this loss doesn't bother me, though.  Or are you just putting words in my mouth?

That's not my intention so apologies for doing that.  You just seem to be having a dig at people expressing their unhappy feelings over tonights loss so i assumed you felt differently.

Is it still because we've got the shits? Or poor us, we've had some injuries?

Or because we shouldn't expect to win against the big teams, or the 'easy' games now, it seems.

Just why are we so shit?

I don't really see the point of this. It is possible for there to be mitigating factors in some cases but in other cases we were just awful. Not everything is black and white.

bobzy you must see though that something is very wrong with this team?

Tonight we started all right but we didn't really create any real chances from open play. Lambert continues to use Weimann and Agbonlahor as wingers when they constantly drift inside and we end up having three players occupying a small space. If we compare tonights game to his first game versus West Ham it's very similar - we don't create chances. That's a problem that's been here since day one.

Yes, of course.  We're awful going forwards.  Obviously, part of that has been down to not having our main striker but there must be something not working.  I'm only saying that, tonight only, as a one-off event, I find it hard to see what he did that was so wrong.  I thought we did well overall apart from our play in the final third.

We yet again played the exact same way we always do and we yet again looked useless as an attacking team.

Combine that with the lack of fight in the team and the way we gave up after the second went in and i'm finding it hard to understand why this loss doesn't bother you.

I thought we played differently.  We kept the ball and passed it around patiently.  It almost always went into the middle of the park, then out wide.  We didn't play counter attacking football on the whole, we tried (and succeeded imo) to control the game.  The problem is that we're completely toothless.

You'll have to pick out the part where I said this loss doesn't bother me, though.  Or are you just putting words in my mouth?

That's not my intention so apologies for doing that.  You just seem to be having a dig at people expressing their unhappy feelings over tonights loss so i assumed you felt differently.

How am I having a dig?  I've only said that I think it's harsh to single out Lambert as the reason for tonight's result.  That I feel we did most things well up until the final third.  Hardly slating anyone :D

I think he has to go now anyhow.  Fan confidence lacking is a huge issue.

Where's the "no I don't think we'd get anyone better" option?

I was in this camp. That's now gone. At this level, tony pulis is head n shoulders above. I hate moyes but he's better. I'd take Steve Bruce now, I'd take allardyce in a heart beat.

I refuse to venture down vp anymore and I'm very very unlikely to be tuning in on Sunday. Unfortunately, it's got to the point where I simply have better, more enjoyable things to do.

• Like 2

He's done a very poor job in very difficult circumstances. There is no point keeping him. Its too early in the season for the team to lose the fans and they will with Lambert still in charge.

Find it hard to blame him tonight.  Q.P.R. didn't look like scoring, but we made 2 mistakes and got punished.  The problem is that we don't look like scoring either.  Benteke looks rusty as anything and there was nothing between Sanchez/Westwood/Cleverley and the top striker to inspire much creativity.  We kept the ball well and worked it into good positions but our final delivery was awful and we look toothless.

Some fans just want the guy out no matter what - and I think that's what will get him the sack.  People will lambast (no pun intended) him for literally anything.  "We don't keep the ball enough and retain possession!" has been the most popular shout for ages and we've done that tonight.

Laughable

Ever heard the expression you can't polish a turd?

Give it up

The basic things that we needed to do from the back, we did tonight.  Sanchez looked (for the most part) controlled on the ball and retained play well.  The ball was played out from the back patiently, we worked it into decent crossing positions often - which, personally, I think is vital when you play Benteke - but our final ball was awful 95% of the time and we were utterly toothless.  We only conceeded due to errors.  It was a nailed on 0-0... that we lost.

But your missing the point

0 - 0 was not an acceptable result tonight

We were playing the worst side in the division with half their midfield missing

At the beginning of the season we did a poll the majority on here expected a mid table finish 9th - 13th.

This is his 3rd season the fans have had enough of the excuses we demand improvement you don't finish midtable by getting beat 2 - 0 to the worst side in the division do you

Tactically he got it wrong tonight. Sanchez was still evidently not up to 90 mins of prem football. tiredness crept in he should have been taken off 10 - 20 mins sooner so he didn't make the mistakes there was no merit him being on the pitch when we was 1 - 0 down anyway because we were chasing the game and he is a defensive minded player we needed creativity or another striker on at that point to put more pressure on Dunne who has proven time and time again that he will make mistakes.

Benteke looked isolated he is a shadow of his former self and needs someone playing closer to him he's not firing and needs help

Lambert has proven time and time again he is not up to the job and the man to take this club forward he needs to go

Edited by AshVilla

Â