Paul Lambert

limpid

Has he been told his contract will not be extended. I heard there was a bit of a disagreement behind the scenes. Maybe its come out he will not be offered that extension??

He certainly has been managing like a manager with no future here. The team the last few games have been in a absolute mess. His substitutions yesterday of Wiemann and Alby with Less than 10 minutes to go were baffling???

To be honest we had this run of poor form around Christmas as well. So while this may contribute it doesn't excuse the poor performances we are having now.

this, in 2seasons here we are yet to strong a run of games together like winning 3/4 on the bounce, we can win 1 then draw 3 before losing 4 on the spin, that has been a consistent under lambert. If what were being told is true it would suggest a problem with his backroom staff, which would also tie in with the rumours of cowans and Culverhouse having a bost up.

With Lambert's comment yesterday and considering the post from one of the moderators, we can safely say that all is not well with our club internally. It's also no surprise that whatever has happened hasn't yet been leaked but it's only a matter of time before that happens and that may see the manager leave at the end of the season?

What also cannot be denied is that whatever it is, cannot excuse the vast majority of performances this season which with few exceptions have been dreadful. Lambert has backed himself into a corner due to those performances and if promises by the board have indeed been reneged on then currently he doesn't have strength of position to hold a gun to the club's board or fan support which is dwindling by the game.

Lambert's position at this moment in time is nothing less than precarious and he knows it.

Has he been told his contract will not be extended. I heard there was a bit of a disagreement behind the scenes. Maybe its come out he will not be offered that extension??

He certainly has been managing like a manager with no future here. The team the last few games have been in a absolute mess. His substitutions yesterday of Wiemann and Alby with Less than 10 minutes to go were baffling???

If this is true then for our sake I wish he would step aside and let Sid look after things until the end of the season.

Surely he is now a dead man walking so why prolong his end, both Villa and Lambert deserve better.

It is starting to seem like Lambert is struggling. My only worry with a managerial change though is that we'll have another 'rebuilding' season and be back to square one.

We're in another mess. While the wage bill is fine the squad needs massive improvments so a new manager will need to fix the mistakes made by Lambert.

• Like 1

Some cracking posts the last few pages. I am not going to slag off any fan who wants to still back Lambert but having weighed up all the evidence pro and con, I am sorry to say I think he has to go. The last 2 games has done it for me.Apart from 3 good seasons at Norwich, he has a average managerial record and given the handicap of our budget we need a above average manager at Villa Park. Who, and who would be mad enough to take the job on, I do not know.

I've been told there are one or two issues behind the scene that might have contributed to our recent poor form. I don't know exactly what but the person (who has been spot on with information in the past) told me Lambert has been fighting with what he described as enemies within. I know that sounds a bit cryptic but by all accounts something is going on which has made his job more difficult than it should be. The person said if this information came to light it would help explain the poor form slightly but insisted the manager has the complete backing of the dressing room. Not sure what the enemy within could mean though?

P.S not a player issue I believe

Interesting, if it's no-one of the players. Then who would it be? If it's Faulkner or Lerner he's picked the wrong fight and is a goner. I can't see him having Lerner's backing in a row with Faulkner. What does that leave? We have no director of football or anyone in a similar role?

That leaves coaching staff. It won't be anyone he's brought in. Sid? Can't see him rocking the boat and would have thought he'd be onside with Lambert using ex-academy players a lot regularly. I don't know enough of the staff to say who could possibly be in a position to make Lambert's job harder.

For them to be making his job harder that would involve trying to interfere in first team affairs surely? The fact the players are on his side would suggest that too possibly. 

Randy is the only player money wise, so I can't see there's anyone who's a big investor trying to throw their weight around either.

Weird! 

If this is true then for our sake I wish he would step aside and let Sid look after things until the end of the season.

Surely he is now a dead man walking so why prolong his end, both Villa and Lambert deserve better.

There is absolutely no chance that he will quit before the end of the season. It could well be the best for us but it would do damage to what is left of his reputation. If he throws the towel in now with us in a relegation battle and 5 games to go regardless of anything going on behind the scenes he would look like a bottler.

He will be here now till the end of the season. That is not to say a decision hasn't already been made that he is off though. Under McLeish it had been decided after the Bolton game that he was finished but he stayed to see us over the line. I just hope Lambert has enough about him to see us safe.

I was there yesterday and it definitely turned on him. It started off with you don't know what you're doing followed by **** off Lambert, **** off Lambert and finished with we want Lambert out say we want Lambert out which carried on outside the stadium (if you can call it that)

Delph and vlaar were the only players who came over and they looked broken, really down.

On the train home we bumped into Mr transfer deadline day Jim white who had been at the game, he chatted with us about how even they can get nothing out of the club information wise. Said Lambert looked shell shocked behind the scenes and had nothing to say. Told us he was friends with parish the palace owner and was sitting in the directors box, said there were 4 villa executives who just huddled in a corner talking and didn't mingle so to speak with anyone. Deadly Doug was present as usual.

For me Lambert is irrelevant in this situation, and I'll finish with my favourite quote from yesterday...

If you change the bulb 3 times on a lamp, and the bulb doesn't work, it isn't the bulb it's the lamp.

• Like 2

Â