Paul Lambert

limpid

There must be light at the end of the tunnel surely? How many more seasons will we go through like this? I'm not talking just about Lambert I'm talking about the club overall.

It is rotten, we don't even play particularly play good football or I don't even see progress of good football being played either it just feels like we are in the premier league to make the numbers up.

Sorry mate it's a train coming in the opposite direction.

We're in exactly the same place that we were when McLeish left except the wage bill is lower. Woobdeedoo. Lambert has failed but the biggest failure is that owner who is going to ruin this great club if he continues with the same plan.

I'm genuinely sad that things haven't worked out with Lambert but I think even he knows that he can't stay now. I really thought he was a great appointment but things really haven't worked out. But it's also obvious from his answers in the press tonight that there is something going on behind the scenes, whether that is a takeover or a total lack of funds in the summer we just don't know.

The only one celebrating the wage bill being lower is Lerner.

He's had such an easy ride so far in my opinion and that's mainly because he isn't Alex McLeish.

I've just read his Birmingham Mail interview where he states "We're not in a relegation battle" and "There are plenty of teams worse than ourselves"

Laughable comments having been beaten by arguably two of the worst teams in the league in consecutive games. I can remember when McLeish was in his last few games when we lost to Bolton at home and the atmosphere towards the manager was full of hate and spite. Don't think we're far away from a similar scenario

We aren't in a relegation fight though. We are just on a very poor run of form.

And you really really believe that.....honestly?

I think he'll be gone at the end of the season now, but I have no confidence in the club making a decent appointment. It's as if they're happy to fight relegation season after season. Football use to be so much more, but now it's just a case of "Stay afloat, that's the goal.". So sad..

I think he'll be gone at the end of the season now, but I have no confidence in the club making a decent appointment. It's as if they're happy to fight relegation season after season. Football use to be so much more, but now it's just a case of "Stay afloat, that's the goal.". So sad..

If he goes it will be by rejecting his new deal and walking. May possibly happen if there are problems between him and the board, which wouldn't surprise me, can't see any manager being fine and dandy not being backed.

• Like 1

It's just starting to echo the atmosphere before McLeish got sacked. Bad result and performance against Southampton a la Stoke and Fulham, then Villa Park will turn on him like we did on McLieish a few years ago. Also, if the rumours are true that the club where relying on selling Benteke for transfer funds then this whole situation echoes the climate before O' Neill walked, there's too many similarities here and it's becoming more and more apparent that the real problem at the club is Lerner and Faulkner. They clearly haven't a clue how to run a Premier League Football Club. It pains me to see this great club in such dire straits.

IMO he will be gone, lets not forget the club (finally) has to think about season ticket sales and the general fan base. The only unanswered question is what division we will be in and my betting is not he Premier League.

If he goes it will be by rejecting his new deal and walking. May possibly happen if there are problems between him and the board, which wouldn't surprise me, can't see any manager being fine and dandy not being backed.

Surely he knew the restrictions in place before he accepted the job?

We may as well not bother having a manager with Lerner in charge. Those baying for Lambert's blood need to focus their attention higher up. This club under Lerner will continue to suffer.

It's just starting to echo the atmosphere before McLeish got sacked. Bad result and performance against Southampton a la Stoke and Fulham, then Villa Park will turn on him like we did on McLieish a few years ago. Also, if the rumours are true that the club where relying on selling Benteke for transfer funds then this whole situation echoes the climate before O' Neill walked, there's too many similarities here and it's becoming more and more apparent that the real problem at the club is Lerner and Faulkner. They clearly haven't a clue how to run a Premier League Football Club. It pains me to see this great club in such dire straits.

Think there's a bit of a difference if that is true and what happened with O'Neill. Lerner was right to stop giving O'Neill a blank cheque, but Lerner really should be backing the manager now.

I don't buy this latest rumour about the Benteke funds. Like many have said I reckon Lambert has been told he'll have similar funds to previous summers and the plan was for quality over quantity this time.

We may as well not bother having a manager with Lerner in charge. Those baying for Lambert's blood need to focus their attention higher up. This club under Lerner will continue to suffer.

Without doubt. You are right.

But, it's still his team, tactics and performances.

Today's total no show for the second half was absolutely f ucking criminal.

I don't buy this latest rumour about the Benteke funds. Like many have said I reckon Lambert has been told he'll have similar funds to previous summers and the plan was for quality over quantity this time.

Yes, there is no reason why he wouldn't have got his usual £20m at least in the summer. The whole point was that he would only spend it on 3-4 players this time.

Â